Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Turbo kits...need help Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   K8Rider 

• Group: Members
  • Bike:2008 GSXR 600

Posted 30 November 2008 - 09:59 PM

is there a k8 600 turbo kit or does it need to be custom? What all would be needed to make a turbo system work?

Remove Advertisements Sponsored Links

Suzuki-Forums.net

#2 User is offline   Sixxr 

• Bike:Soon enough

Posted 14 December 2008 - 01:43 PM

There are one or two kits that I can remember, but they're in the 4-5K range. Plus a custom setup would be more for lack of a better term customized to your needs.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
If you're not confused you aren't paying attention.

#3 User is offline   PurEvo 

• Bike:k7 1000

Posted 21 January 2009 - 07:21 PM

If you can fab custom pipes yourself, your better off building your own kit. Save a LOT of money. I built my own kit but didn't finish it and decided not to. now i'm selling the parts. The bazzaz would work great with turbos imo.
06 Lancer evo MR
07 gixxer 1000

#4 User is offline   K8Rider 

Posted 24 January 2009 - 07:44 PM

PurEvo said:

If you can fab custom pipes yourself, your better off building your own kit. Save a LOT of money. I built my own kit but didn't finish it and decided not to. now i'm selling the parts. The bazzaz would work great with turbos imo.

i got a stock scubby sti turbo sitting here from my buds car(he upgraded) its off an 07 STI so now idk what to do from here. 2 things that get me is what does the intake manifold look like for a turbo on theses bikes and where do i tap in for a oil line to the turbo???????

I really want to do this
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#5 User is offline   Sixxr 

Posted 24 January 2009 - 10:26 PM

K8Rider said:

i got a stock scubby sti turbo sitting here from my buds car(he upgraded) its off an 07 STI so now idk what to do from here. 2 things that get me is what does the intake manifold look like for a turbo on theses bikes and where do i tap in for a oil line to the turbo???????

I really want to do this

If you just route it into the airbox it should work. I would have to look at the oil pan as well to see where it should go.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#6 User is offline   K8Rider 

Posted 24 January 2009 - 10:52 PM

Ok so your saying use the stock air box and run a pipe to that from the turbo? Then have someone make a header to fit and connect the oil line from the oil pan to the turbo?

Posted Image
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#7 User is offline   Sixxr 

Posted 25 January 2009 - 12:22 AM

K8Rider said:

Ok so your saying use the stock air box and run a pipe to that from the turbo? Then have someone make a header to fit and connect the oil line from the oil pan to the turbo?

Posted Image

Exactly but I like that surge tank better. I don't know how much pressure the stock plastic will take.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#8 User is offline   ElMigs 

• Bike:2001 GSXR 600 Drag Bike

Posted 25 January 2009 - 01:26 AM

Sixxr said:

Exactly but I like that surge tank better. I don't know how much pressure the stock plastic will take.

If you are going turbo don't even bother with a stock airbox. You NEED an aftermarket intake, a long with a whole mess of aftermarket parts.

Look at Velocity's site. I'm pretty sure they have a lot of info on there.NLR also is really big on turbo's for Hayabusa's. Mainly that trick ass computer system Sebastian runs. Everybody in AMA is running Barry's(velocity) turbo kits and being competitive in the field. Shit even try calling them and having them explain it to you. That's what the tech's are paid for anyway.:welcome

#9 User is offline   CraZee GSXR 1k 

• Bike:2007 GSXR 1000 BLUE/WHITE

Posted 25 January 2009 - 04:11 AM

Id just put in a crate 1k motor.
2007 GSXR 1000 2003 ZO6 heads/cam nitrous
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#10 User is offline   diddy2003 

• Diesel
  • LocationHolyoke, MA
  • Bike:1984 Jeep CJ7

Posted 25 January 2009 - 07:59 AM

CraZee GSXR 1k said:

Id just put in a crate 1k motor.

I would sell the 600 and just get a 1K if power is your goal. Here is a turbo set up and the guy made less than what my bike puts down stock. Waste of money imo. Trade your bike in and get a liter bike if you need more power.

Dyno Day at HTP Performance 2008 Turbo GSXR 600 Video by ВЯӞҬҬ - MySpace Video

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

I would never want to ride a turbo bike anyway. Linear power delivery and turbo power are two very different things. I would hate to be mid corner and get unexpected boost. Get a 1k and do a big bore kit if you need power. 200 hp and its linear, imagine that?

#11 User is offline   CraZee GSXR 1k 

• Bike:2007 GSXR 1000 BLUE/WHITE

Posted 31 January 2009 - 04:02 PM

^^ right thats exactly why I said get a 1k crate motor setup.

turbo bikes are cool when they are making 3,4,500rwhp lol but other than that there really is no need.

even if i wanted to crush everything on the highway... Id just hit my 1000 with a 50-75 shot and that would take care of that! LOL
2007 GSXR 1000 2003 ZO6 heads/cam nitrous
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#12 User is offline   PurEvo 

• Bike:k7 1000

Posted 31 January 2009 - 04:24 PM

I agree on getting a 1k or 1k motor swap. But it's like people turboing a honda sohc motor than a dohc motor(honda car talk).

Stock airbox wont work with turbo. Get one custom made or get the velocity plenum (I like the velocity). Tap a hole for oil drain in the pan on a high spot I think. So the oil can drain freely. If you get a turbo header that sits the turbo low, you'll need to get some sort of oil scavenger pump. If the header sits high, you wont need one but you'd probably have to cut your radiator for space to fit. That's the info I researched for mine. I have a how-to instructions to install but it's for a hayabusa. It's the same concept for other bikes though.

This post has been edited by PurEvo: 02 February 2009 - 08:52 PM

06 Lancer evo MR
07 gixxer 1000

#13 User is offline   BLK K8 

• BLK CBR
  • Locationcoal point, newcastle, australia
  • Bike:08 CBR1000rr, 09 CB1000r

Posted 01 February 2009 - 12:46 AM

stock airbox is no good, get a proper plenum. if the engine is the same setup as the 1000 there is a plug on either side of the engine that is a direct oil gallery from the oil pump for ur oil feed, give richard from rcc turbo's a call he knows his shit and is very helpfull. he may also suggest some specs for turbo sizes for the 600. power delivery at low boost on a 1000 is very smooth, but due to the lack of bottom end torque on a 600 id say the delivery will be a bit harsher. if u love the twisties just sell it and buy a 1000, also i talked with bazzaz about a computer for a turbo setup and they said they are NOT boost compatible...

that turbo 600 on the dyno is not very impressive, too big of a turbo it sounds like, half an hour to come on boost then 2 seconds till redline....

ITS BETTER TO BURN OUT THAN TO FADE AWAY.........

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users