• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

I need some help with my k7 1000 Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   ridemygsxr600 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Bike:2007 gsx-r 1000

Posted 22 April 2008 - 02:45 PM

OK, so I purchased this bike a 2007 gsxr 1000 in January of this year. at the time of purchase, I purchased a full Yosh TRC carbon pipe with SS headers along with a pcIII.

So I installed the exhaust system yesterday started the bike and it immediately showed a FI light. so I followed the directions to remove the black/white wire from the ECU (pin5). I restarted the bike and no code, I rode the bike around the block and no code, it just ran kinda poorly (rough idle). so I went ahead and installed the pcIII using a map off the power commander web site for a 2007 gsxr 1000 full yosh system stock or aftermarket air filter. I rode the bike around the block again and this time I got a FI code again. so I called PC and they had me update the firmware on the pcIII unit after installing the firmware I still got a FI code. I then reset the throttle position on the PC thinking that might be the issue but no luck I still got a FI code. So now this time looked up the code before I turned off the bike and it came up a C40 (ISC valve circuit malfunction) I called PC again and they said their was a recall for certain bikes due to this issue. so I called the place were I purchased the bike and they said that it had been fixed already on my bike.....

So my question is......... NOW WHAT?

Remove Advertisements Sponsored Links

Suzuki-Forums.net

#2 User is offline   speed_devil 

• Bike:2007 GSXR1000

Posted 22 April 2008 - 03:53 PM

When I got my 07, I had the dealer give me a service sheet showing the ecu had been replaced. That was the recall for the K7. Otherwise I dont completely trust them to do what they say they do. Remove (or unplug) the PCIII and check for the code then? Did the full Yoshi system do away with the O2 sensor? Could that be tripping the code?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Signature courtesy of P.C.P.
http://www.myspace.c...peed_devil_doug

#3 User is offline   ridemygsxr600 

• PipPip

Posted 22 April 2008 - 04:04 PM

speed_devil said:

When I got my 07, I had the dealer give me a service sheet showing the ecu had been replaced. That was the recall for the K7. Otherwise I dont completely trust them to do what they say they do. Remove (or unplug) the PCIII and check for the code then? Did the full Yoshi system do away with the O2 sensor? Could that be tripping the code?

yes it did delete the o2 sensor but I also tried pluging that back in to and still got the FI light.

as far as when I purchased the bike they didnt tell me anything about the replacement of anything. I didnt even know the bikes had an issue...

#4 User is offline   speed_devil 

• Bike:2007 GSXR1000

Posted 22 April 2008 - 04:36 PM

I would just ask the dealer to see some sort of work order that the ecu had been replaced. Otherwise you dont know if that is what is throwing the code and it had nothing to do with you exhaust or PC.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Signature courtesy of P.C.P.
http://www.myspace.c...peed_devil_doug

#5 User is offline   ridemygsxr600 

• PipPip

Posted 22 April 2008 - 05:24 PM

speed_devil said:

I would just ask the dealer to see some sort of work order that the ecu had been replaced. Otherwise you dont know if that is what is throwing the code and it had nothing to do with you exhaust or PC.

ok will do, thanks. I just unpluged the pcIII and it's still throwing the code after about 2 min of riding.....

the c40 code is the ISC valve

#6 User is offline   BLK K8 

• BLK CBR
  • Locationcoal point, newcastle, australia
  • Bike:08 CBR1000rr, 09 CB1000r

Posted 22 April 2008 - 05:55 PM

take it back to the dealer..........
Posted Image
ITS BETTER TO BURN OUT THAN TO FADE AWAY.........

#7 User is offline   Squidward 

• Level 7 awesome
  • Group: Global Moderator
  • LocationAntartica
  • Bike:Schwinn 18 speed

Posted 23 April 2008 - 04:57 AM

speed_devil said:

BLK K8 said:

take it back to the dealer..........

:lol and you don't HAVE to take it back to the dealer you bought it from. A warranty from suzuki can be honored at any suzuki dealer
"From a place you cannot see comes a sound you cannot hear"

#8 User is offline   m0t0rhead 

• PipPip
  • Bike:gsxr1000k7, 06 zx14

Posted 12 May 2008 - 06:27 PM

Here is what you can check yourself...

There are 2 recalls on the K7 Gsx-r 1000. The first is for a poorly manufactured generator rotor. The generator rotor mating surface can have irregularities that may result in loosening of the bolt which secures the generator rotor, resulting in reduced
charging system output. The reduced charging system output can result in discharging of the battery preventing the unit from starting.

The second is a defective (ISC) Idle Speed Control Valve. Suzuki has determined that all GSX-R1000K7 motorcycles are equipped with an Idle Speed Control (ISC) Valve that may not return to the correct start-up position each time the ignition switch is turned to the off position. Due to improper shape of the internal mechanism that moves the ISC valve, the valve may remain in the open position instead of moving to the
correct start-up position. This can result in no-load engine idle speeds as high as 5000 RPM’s the next time the engine is started. If you choose to operate the motorcycle in this condition, you may have difficulty operating the motorcycle, which could result in a crash.

Suzuki is recalling affected units for the installation of an improved ISC valve and Engine Control Module (ECM). The new ECM contains revised programming which controls the ISC valve functions related to idle speed. The ISC valve related ECM changes have no effect on overall performance of the motorcycle. Repair time is approximately 1 hour and will be done at no cost to you for parts or labor.

With that said I have a list of part #s that you can check to verify if they match what you SHOULD have after both recalls are addressed.

ISC Valve Replacement Kit
Part# 99103-11228 Dealer Cost $664.10

Contains (1) ISC Valve (part number 18117-21H10)
(1) ECM (part number 32920-21H60)

---------------------------------------------------

ISC Valve Replacement Kit - California (only)
Part# 99103-11228-CAL Dealer Cost $664.10

Contains (1) ISC Valve Set (part number 18117-21H10)
(1) ECM (part number 32920-21H70)

Generator Rotor Replacement Kit
Part# 99103-11226 Dealer Cost $169.34

Kit includes: 1 Generator Rotor, 1 Generator Cover Gasket, 1 Generator Rotor Bolt.

Just compare the part #'s and you'll know if the recalls were completed. :lmao

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Validating

Posted 12 May 2008 - 06:36 PM

great post motor ! haha, very well done

#10 User is offline   flounder 

• Bike:05-750 Track 07-1K Street

Posted 13 May 2008 - 04:51 AM

Unless you decide to tear your bike apart, I doubt your going to find those part numbers. You could check the ECU but thats about it.

#11 User is offline   motomummy 

• Members
  • Bike:07 GSXR 1000, 99 R1

Posted 13 May 2008 - 05:41 AM

motorhead that is a hell of a post...awesome info for people!
Posted Image

#12 User is offline   m0t0rhead 

• PipPip
  • Bike:gsxr1000k7, 06 zx14

Posted 15 May 2008 - 07:05 PM

flounder said:

Unless you decide to tear your bike apart, I doubt your going to find those part numbers. You could check the ECU but thats about it.

The ISC valve is also easy to check. Just prop the tank up. GSX-R's are EASY to work on. Try working on a ZX-14. :lol

motomummy said:

Anything I can do to help :+1

#13 User is offline   Mulley 

• Bike:2011 GSXR 1000

Posted 15 May 2008 - 08:18 PM

motomummy said:

:lol
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
www.myspace.com/gixxer_grand

#14 User is offline   Snakebite 

• Pip
  • Bike:08 GSXR1000, 03 SV1000S

Posted 13 October 2010 - 07:04 AM

ridemygsxr600 said:

ok will do, thanks. I just unpluged the pcIII and it's still throwing the code after about 2 min of riding.....

the c40 code is the ISC valve

You should also check your clutch switch.
If defeated or stuck "on" it will trick the ECU into thinking there's an idle speed problem and shut down the fuel.
Then it will bring up the "C40" code.

This post has been edited by Snakebite: 13 October 2010 - 07:05 AM
Reason for edit: Left something out

#15 User is offline   Jixxer Josh 

• Bike:K7 1000 Black & Orange

Posted 13 October 2010 - 08:05 AM

Watch my video and it will fix your problem. Even though I do not have a full system cutting the wire I show will cure your problem.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=gFXocy9Leik
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=cyLWIO2YxgU
140 db Air Horn Install on my K7 1000.

#16 User is offline   AlexmenNat 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationLos.An.
  • Bike:Suzuki VX 800

Posted 10 November 2016 - 08:07 AM

im not 100 sure, but ithink the 8psk is for max,, ithink each HD box has its own module,,,I dont think you will get any hd chanels with it...maybe soon some1 will verify this...good luck

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users