• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Supplements - I finally bit the bullet Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   4literranger485 

• I hate Brad!
  • Group: Global Moderator
  • Bike:1100, 450, 400

Posted 28 January 2009 - 07:46 PM

Well, i've been working out with our shop beefcake/bodybuilding type and i've finally been convinced to try out some of the modern supplements. I was just wondering what, if any, you guys use and what kind of results you see? I'd like to shed anywhere from 0-20 pounds of fat weight. I wouldnt mind being 200 lbs if i had a lot more lean muscle....so thats what i'm trying for. Right now i'm starting out pretty basic with one muscle group a day, at least 5 exercises per group.

I'm currently stacking:

1-2 scoops GNC Whey protein
1-2 servings BSN Cellmass recovery

and tomorrow i'll have my first day on SuperPump 250, it'll be shoulders so i'll let you all know how it goes.

I think the current stuff i'm on is helping. My tuesday bi/tricep day gave me a huge pump, one of the guys on my Honor Gaurd team even noticed in the gym...something i'm really not used to :) Maybe these supplements are worth it! More of my reviews/experiences to come. And hopefully you all add yours.

And before anyone has the chance: "WHERES MY FUCKIN PROTEIN MOM!!!" muscle miiiiillkkk HGHHHHH!!!!! :rock

Remove Advertisements Sponsored Links

Suzuki-Forums.net

#2 User is offline   Plastic Cup Politics 

• Brahptimus Prime
  • Group: Members
  • Bike:2006 GSX-R1000

Posted 28 January 2009 - 07:54 PM

Power barrrrs!

#3 User is offline   4literranger485 

• I hate Brad!

Posted 28 January 2009 - 08:44 PM

god damnit i missed one :rock

#4 Guest_blackoutgsxr_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 28 January 2009 - 08:44 PM

I'm currently taking super pump aswell. But I kind of liked the N O Xplode better.

You can try multivitamins and fish oil for basics.Casein protein for night time.

I'm playing with the idea of taking testosterone boosters (natural) but I don't need the extra aggression.

#5 User is offline   4literranger485 

• I hate Brad!

Posted 28 January 2009 - 09:05 PM

:rock i feel you on the aggression. in the last year or more i've been takin from my job as an aircraft mechanic to a desk job....talk about cabin fever/aggression

i forgot to add i'm already on multi-vitamins and Hydroxycut. i take centrum silver, you may laugh but mens health said it provides the same amount of nutrients as regular centrum but contains more of the stuff that protects you from age/heredic related diseases (think swoll up prostate :))

how do you like the superpump? i cant wait to rock it on an arms day and really see the pump! we'll see how shoulders goes tomorrow, shoulders are one of my favorite days as well

#6 User is offline   motomummy 

• Members
  • Bike:07 GSXR 1000, 99 R1

Posted 28 January 2009 - 09:14 PM

good diet and working out is all you need to start. but if you can't get enough protein then the supplements come in handy. I use muscle milk often because i have a hard time eating 200 grams of protein off normal food.
Posted Image

#7 User is offline   4literranger485 

• I hate Brad!

Posted 28 January 2009 - 10:10 PM

motomummy said:

good diet and working out is all you need to start. but if you can't get enough protein then the supplements come in handy. I use muscle milk often because i have a hard time eating 200 grams of protein off normal food.

yeah, i'm working on diet too. a LOOOOT of chicken...but it does get bland. I really like having the cellmass as a post workout recovery drink. Even if it only provides a 70% mental boost, its still worth the money to boost my motivation levels. I've never had muscle milk, I've really only used basic whey proteins until now. I've tried creatine before but found it made me gain water weight really fast at a time when i was trying to shed pounds. Now the creatine blends are far superior to those of 3-4 years ago and I also dont really care if i lose weight at the moment. As long as i'm converting tubby tubb into lean muscle i'd be happy as hell to weight 200 lbs and be 15% or so, compared to what i am now (which i dont even want to estimate :rock)

• Group: Validating

Posted 29 January 2009 - 05:53 AM

im no expert... by any means. but my personal trainer roomate says the supplements are all marketing. a committed diet will give you everything you need. (he says). so far, the only thing i take is protein, because as corey stated, i have a hard time eating that much protein. but i am doing chicken/steak/tuna all the time.

#9 User is offline   jdogrich 

• Bike:2007 GSX-R 750

Posted 29 January 2009 - 06:19 AM

SoCalRider said:

im no expert... by any means. but my personal trainer roomate says the supplements are all marketing. a committed diet will give you everything you need. (he says). so far, the only thing i take is protein, because as corey stated, i have a hard time eating that much protein. but i am doing chicken/steak/tuna all the time.

:rock i agree completely, the only thing i take is Whey Protein after i work out
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
^Sig courtesy of PCP

• Group: Validating

Posted 29 January 2009 - 08:08 AM

I was taking MRI NO2 (Argenine), VPX RedLine (thermogenic fat burner), CLA, and MuscleTech Gakic, Leukic, and Creakic (Creatine Ethyl Ester HCL). Bench, power clean, and squat all jumped about 50 lbs in a 4 month period. Then, I realized I was spending over $150/mo in supplements and dropped everything but an off-brand Argenine (not really for any gain, just because I like the vascularity that comes with taking it) and an off-brand thermogenic fat burner. I haven't seen any losses since then (about six months ago) but haven't really been improving, either.

Do they work? Yeah, I think so...but you gotta pay to play. I still look pretty decent (in my humble opinion, haha) and am pushing pretty good weight for 185lb, so it wasn't worth the extra $150/mo (hell, that's a bike payment!).

That said, you really need to already max out what you're doing naturally (i.e., structured workouts that cycle through size/strength/power phases and very strict diet) in order to make supplements worth it.

This post has been edited by Thirteen20WRX: 29 January 2009 - 08:11 AM

#11 User is offline   motomummy 

• Members
  • Bike:07 GSXR 1000, 99 R1

Posted 29 January 2009 - 09:09 AM

a diet will get you everything IF you can eat that much and often. most personal trainers don't know their heads from their ass. Stone (some know him on this forum or sportbikeforum.net) was huge into liften and there is NO WAY you can eat enough off normal food. I'm having a hard time eating 200grams of protein, but imagine 300 grams or so along with all the carbs and everything else. It all depends on the person, but if you get over 200lbs and pretty lean it's going to get hard to eat as much as you need to keep your body in an anabolic state.

vitamins, fish oils, and protein shakes (if you can't eat enough) are all most people need. You can get into the other stuff, but you're talking money and playing with your hormones at that point.
Posted Image

#12 User is offline   4literranger485 

• I hate Brad!

Posted 29 January 2009 - 09:13 AM

SoCalRider said:

thats what i used to believe as well, but i think supplements have come a loooong way over the past 5 years or so. and even if it only gives me a mental edge, its still worth it IMO. but the pump i've felt this week is really good...and i cant wait to try the superpump for todays shoulders :rock

#13 User is offline   db79 

• Zippy's My bitch
  • View gallery
  • Bike:Ur Mom

Posted 29 January 2009 - 01:53 PM

motomummy said:

vitamins, fish oils, and protein shakes (if you can't eat enough) are all most people need. You can get into the other stuff, but you're talking money and playing with your hormones at that point.

:rock

Esp. if you're just starting off. Getting a solid diet and workout routine down is key.

blackoutgsxr said:

I'm playing with the idea of taking testosterone boosters (natural) but I don't need the extra aggression.

You won't have extra aggression with taking most of hte natural test boosters on the market. Unless, you are somehow hyper sensitive.

#14 User is offline   silversv1k 

• Bike:03 SV1000s, 04 ZX-10r

Posted 29 January 2009 - 02:46 PM

i wouldnt take cellmas or superpump 250 if your trying to lose weight
Posted Image

#15 User is offline   4literranger485 

• I hate Brad!

Posted 29 January 2009 - 07:00 PM

silversv1k said:

i wouldnt take cellmas or superpump 250 if your trying to lose weight

i think i worded that wrong. I dont necessarily want to lose weight. I want to lose fat, and as long as i'm converting tub into muscle i'm totally ok with my weight as just a number.

The superpump rocked today! i cannot wait to try it on arms day

#16 User is offline   silversv1k 

• Bike:03 SV1000s, 04 ZX-10r

Posted 29 January 2009 - 10:33 PM

4literranger485 said:

i think i worded that wrong. I dont necessarily want to lose weight. I want to lose fat, and as long as i'm converting tub into muscle i'm totally ok with my weight as just a number.

The superpump rocked today! i cannot wait to try it on arms day

i prefer white flood over superpump, superpump didnt do much for me
Posted Image

#17 User is offline   4literranger485 

• I hate Brad!

Posted 30 January 2009 - 09:46 AM

silversv1k said:

:rofl you're nuts. I'm really feeling good off of this stuff. I rocked out on deadlift this morning (for me at least :fact)

#18 User is offline   Plastic Cup Politics 

• Brahptimus Prime

Posted 30 January 2009 - 01:16 PM

silversv1k said:

i prefer white flood

:fact

Posted Image

#19 User is offline   db79 

• Zippy's My bitch
  • View gallery
  • Bike:Ur Mom

Posted 30 January 2009 - 01:42 PM

silversv1k said:

4literranger485 said:

:rofl you're nuts. I'm really feeling good off of this stuff. I rocked out on deadlift this morning (for me at least :fact)

People's bodies react differently and will differing results from the products. What works for one may not work for the other.

#20 User is offline   Plastic Cup Politics 

• Brahptimus Prime

Posted 08 April 2009 - 11:57 PM

I am trying to figure out what to do as far as supplements or no supplements. As of now I am taking the GNC multivitamin (Mega Men Sport) and some 300mg omega 3 fatty fish oils. I also am doing a scoop and a half of the regular GNC whey protein within 30 minutes after my workout.

The problem is I seem to run out of fuel pretty quick in the workout. It is a very intense routine but I know I can do better. I am struggling with having the fuel to maintain the correct form, it's not the weights, it's just my energy level. I am still going pretty light with the weights.

As far as all the buff guy terminology I don't know how to put it. But I was thinking of trying some sort of supplement pre workout to help. Any recommendations? I was reading about "nitrobolic extreme" a little but don't know much about it.

My goal is basically along the same lines as Steve's. I don't need to shed way per say, but if I don't shed it I need to convert it to muscle. I used creatine in high school while playing football but like Steve it seemed to pack on a lot of water weight.

As far as diet is concered I don't have the patience for one of those calorie counting things. I know that you are in theory supposed to cut off X amount of calories from your suggested intake so you make up the difference with your body using fat calories, but as far as building a solid diet I'm still kind of lost. I have started eating a lot of fruits and veggies again. Chicken, brown rice, cold cut sandwiches minus all the condiments. Staying away from fast food and even cut back on the booze for the most part. :shifty So much shit to try to learn about this!

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users