Suzuki Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
alright i have a problem then i installed a tail light from clear alternatives and the running light works but not the brake light. i checked all the fuses under the seat there all fine. i dont know what could be wrong??

·
Level 7 awesome
34,135 Posts
You sure one of the brake sensors isn't being pressed, or stuck, and the brake light is actually on, you just think it's the running light? Seen that happen before and it was a R brake light switch that was hung up

·
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Captain Squid said:
You sure one of the brake sensors isn't being pressed, or stuck, and the brake light is actually on, you just think it's the running light? Seen that happen before and it was a R brake light switch that was hung up
yeah i just figured it out, i had the wrong brake light tab on my asv lever. thanks for the help

·
4 Posts
alright,,checked the rear brake switch, fuses, all look good. Is there a front brake switch? Rear brake light is on but not getting it to switch when pressing front or rear levers. Any ideas?

·
315 Posts
geo23 said:
alright,,checked the rear brake switch, fuses, all look good. Is there a front brake switch? Rear brake light is on but not getting it to switch when pressing front or rear levers. Any ideas?
the front brake switch is built in to the housing that holds the brake lever. it is a small plunger that is pushed in when the lever is pulled.

·
4 Posts
cool thxs! It was the front brake housing, its cracked and looks like it has a broken piece. There are 2 wires going to it. I removed one wire and its now working the rear brake but not the front brake lever. lol Thxs for the help fellas. Gonna search on ebay for the front brake assembly now.

·
Registered
1 Posts
alright i have a problem then i installed a tail light from clear alternatives and the running light works but not the brake light. i checked all the fuses under the seat there all fine. i dont know what could be wrong??
That sounds like a loose wire to me... I'd recheck all those wires and their connections in that area...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts