Suzuki Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I replaced mine with an Ohlins (thx Corey) and have the wires plugged into the solenoid and stashed in my cowling. That part is bugging me, has anybody measured or know what the resistance is on that plug so I can wire it up and ditch the hunk of metal I am not using? I am not electrically inclined and without volt meter or whatever I need to check it myself, thanks in advance.

·
Members
5,173 Posts
call up gpr and ask them as their damper comes with a plug for it. I just have ours wired away though. Works great, but if you ask gpr they can tell you how they made a plug for it.

·
39 Posts
12.5 Ohms. (taken from the Workshop manual). Nearest at our electronic components stores are 13 Ohms, so I used one of them, and it works.

·
Members
5,173 Posts
i just saw that, but you know people will want pics on how to do the resister job
BTW glad you like the ohlins damper...It's the best bang for your buck imo...

·
Registered
113 Posts
Quick question will a Ohlins Damper from a 2007 ZX10R fir on a 05-06 GSXR 1000? If so is it worth it or are these inferior dampers...

·
Members
5,173 Posts
You need to make sure the damper itself is an SD121 part number and if so then it will work, you just need the mounting kit then.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts