Suzuki Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I'm new to the forum and wanted to start off with a question regarding the new 08' 750. I was looking over Zuki's site and comparing the 2006 and the 2008 GsXR750s and saw that there was very little difference between the new one set for this year and the one from two years ago. I am upgrading from a Kawi Ninja 250 and want to go with the 750. Are there any other major points I need to consider if both of the bikes I am looking at are new? The price on the 06' is better, its lighter, its got the same tank size as well as the identical compression ratio. Only thing I like about the 08's are the colors. What do you guys think?

·
Members
5,173 Posts
You could get an 06-07 at a hell of a price. There are some slight differences in the 08, but if you can get a killer deal on an 06-07 then you might want to jump on it. If you like the colors then only you can decide if getting the colors is worth the jump in price.

·
Brahptimus Prime
23,504 Posts
I would go with whatever is a better deal. Which most likely will be the older bike.. I bought a left over 2006 and don't regret it for a second. Both bikes will be great, it just depends on what you want...and how deep your pockets are.

·
375 Posts
the 08s have a totally redesign front face with a "new" oldstyle dual headlight with a 3rd high beam.. looks pretty bad ass.. but im still very partial to oldschool gsxrs.. they should all have a dual headlight..lol. also the 08s have a new exhaust set up. dont worry about the weight diff between the 06-08 its minimal and mostly due to the exhaust..so if your planning on a diff exhaust..problem solved..
.. and not to sound like a jerk .. but dammmm going from a ninja 250 to a gsxr 750 is one hell of a jump!! are you dead set on a 750? a 600 will do everything it will and save you a couple grand. not to mention much cheaper on ins.

·
3,306 Posts
Bomb3rJay said:
Hey all, I'm new to the forum and wanted to start off with a question regarding the new 08' 750. I was looking over Zuki's site and comparing the 2006 and the 2008 GsXR750s and saw that there was very little difference between the new one set for this year and the one from two years ago. I am upgrading from a Kawi Ninja 250 and want to go with the 750. Are there any other major points I need to consider if both of the bikes I am looking at are new? The price on the 06' is better, its lighter, its got the same tank size as well as the identical compression ratio. Only thing I like about the 08's are the colors. What do you guys think?
I'm so happy I'm not the only one with a 250

Kudos to you!

·
Level 7 awesome
34,135 Posts
In the end it's all up to you. I'm not a big fan of the new(er) bikes myself. If I ever had to get another bike it would prob be an 03/04 gsxr1000

·
7,611 Posts
they said they are getting rid of it:biggrin

Captain Squid said:
In the end it's all up to you. I'm not a big fan of the new(er) bikes myself. If I ever had to get another bike it would prob be an 03/04 gsxr1000
i said that same sentance once. and now im glad i changed my mind. i love my 750, it is just so difernt from my liter though

·
And, Here, We, Go...
8,017 Posts
Yeah, I suppose I'm a bit biased being that I own an 07-750, but the look of the 08 hasn't really caught on with me yet.. For the deals you can get on an 07, I'd jump on that and put the $
you saved into cool mods!

·
Level 7 awesome
34,135 Posts
Oh.........I'm not in a rush to buy anyhing. but if something happens to my bike then i'll be looking for something. Hopefully it won't be anytime soon :biggrin

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
SarahJ said:
I'm so happy I'm not the only one with a 250

Kudos to you!

All the Cool kids have 1
. Thnx for all the feedback folks, I think im going with the 07'.. May bump it down to a 600 though.. dunno if ill be able to keep the bike in check weighing in at 135 lbz
. By the way, what do you guys feel is a solid price to pay for the bike? I spoke to a few dealers and the best one I've come across is willing to pass the 2007 GSXR-600 for around like $7,500. I think its a good price, how do you guys feel?

·
And, Here, We, Go...
8,017 Posts
Bomb3rJay said:
All the Cool kids have 1
. Thnx for all the feedback folks, I think im going with the 07'.. May bump it down to a 600 though.. dunno if ill be able to keep the bike in check weighing in at 135 lbz
. By the way, what do you guys feel is a solid price to pay for the bike? I spoke to a few dealers and the best one I've come across is willing to pass the 2007 GSXR-600 for around like $7,500. I think its a good price, how do you guys feel?
If that's out the door, not bad..

·
905 Posts
Captain Squid said:
Having owned a K3 and K6 1000 i have trouble understanding why. I loved the power/torque curve and wind protection of the K3 but i was significantly faster everywhere on the K6.

·
Level 7 awesome
34,135 Posts
outofmydepth said:
Having owned a K3 and K6 1000 i have trouble understanding why. I loved the power/torque curve and wind protection of the K3 but i was significantly faster everywhere on the K6.
I just like the K3/K4 better
just a personal opinion

·
Members
5,173 Posts
For those who do own the 06-07 GSXR 600/750 after talking to many aftermarket shops/manufacturers/distributors i think i can EASILY say that this was the most popular bike of the last two years. Suzuki did a hell of a job with it.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts