Suzuki Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Members
5,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
in the fed rate. Talk about major. First time in 23 years. Everyone with variable interest rates or looking to buy a home should like this news...

·
Members
5,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yah, we looked at cali then laughed at the prices for houses...it's just insane

the problem is that this isn't a permanent fix...can't keep rates this low all the time just because our entire country is over spending

·
Registered
188 Posts
Lover said:
Actually now is a great time to buy in cali... the housing prices have dropped about 30% in the last year... lol IMO there still needs to be a little more correction though.
R1Lover, IMHO
1. prices have dropped only in the less affluent areas...Places such as the Bay Area, LA/San Diego have remained relatively the same (little decrease but not much). There are some short sales and foreclosures but those are few and far in between for a decent place. Still looking at 650k+ for a decent house...I know I'm currently in the market. :frown

2. Good luck getting a loan...you need exceptional credit and a good paying, steady job.

3. I need to find a rich wifey to support me, then I wont have to worry about this. :biggrin

·
Premium Member
4,785 Posts
Leon said:
Don't look in south FL. Housing prices still suck here.
Actually I want something in the Naples area, that is where we go if we are in FL

I just came back from a three week vacation there, loved it

·
Hit it
2,866 Posts
SoySauce021 said:
wow that is insane, but price houses are still pretty bad in the Bay Area.
ain't that the damn truth. i've got over $70g's saved and i still can't afford the down payment on a house!

·
1,691 Posts
I was watching the news earlier, the rates are lower but it's now a lot harder to actually get those rates. I think they said before a good credit score was something like 680 and now it's up to 720.

·
Members
5,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
mel they also are wanting some money down but with a good credit score you can still do it zero down if you wish. myself and the wife are looking at buying in a few months actually and just did the pre-approval process last week.

·
750 Posts
jeezus...if someone dropped 650k on a house here they would have a couple acres of land and one of the biggest and badest houses around...150k gets you a pretty nice house in these parts:fact

·
Level 7 awesome
34,135 Posts
Wicked1 said:
jeezus...if someone dropped 650k on a house here they would have a couple acres of land and one of the biggest and badest houses around...150k gets you a pretty nice house in these parts:fact
Same here.....you can get a NICE 3 br 2 ba house on some land for $150K to $200K

1 - 20 of 24 Posts