Suzuki Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having an issue here . All my fuses were blowing as soon as I turned the key to the on position .
I bought a 30 amp circuit breaker to save money on fuses lol
But the thing is that the fuse never shut off so I noticed that the black and white wire from the ignition started smoking .
if anyone knows why this would be please help me.
Fyi it did it before so I replaced the key igniton once . But it’s still burning the black and white wire up .
Please help.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Having an issue here . All my fuses were blowing as soon as I turned the key to the on position .
I bought a 30 amp circuit breaker to save money on fuses lol
But the thing is that the fuse never shut off so I noticed that the black and white wire from the ignition started smoking .
if anyone knows why this would be please help me.
Fyi it did it before so I replaced the key igniton once . But it’s still burning the black and white wire up .
Please help.
*I just want to update for anyone having issues with this *

I went ahead and traced all my wires and nothing seemed to be making contact to any ground.
There’s a black and white wire the comes from the ignition switch that I traced back to another connector that grounds to the engine .

I went ahead and cut that wire (B/W) from the ignition switch connector .
After I did that my main fuse stopped blowing .
I got my test light and tested that black and white wire coming from the ignition switch and it was reading 12V !!!
no wonder my main fuse kept blowing ,I’m guessing the ignition switch is shorted from the inside …( it was an Amazon ignition switch .-.)
Obviously it’s giving me 12v so when the connector was plugged it was making contact to ground , thus popping my fuse as soon as the key was turned)

I will be replacing the ignition switch with another one,(no more Amazon haha)
I will get back with you guys after that is done and hopefully all goes good !

1 - 2 of 2 Posts