Suzuki Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Level 7 awesome
34,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Chad said he lowsided it a few times but nothing major. He said if it started to slide, instead of crapping his pants like a normal person, he would just correct it and ride it out.

·
536 Posts
Lowsiding ia pretty friendly way to crash if you really feel the need to go down. It just amazes me the no limits style of riding in every type of motorcycle racing today. When I was riding motor cross in the 70's a big jump was 15' up and 30' long, now they jump small towns. Moto GP It's amazing that these bikes stay up at some of the lean angles. I haven't followed Motard but to see these pictures you just have to say WOW

·
Registered
132 Posts
I love my motard... drifting is fun on it! even with the 18" wheel still on the back, and the 21" up front both shod in street tire treads but even with those wheels still on them they are a stinkin hoot!! I could corner just as good with trials tires on it though too....I mean drag hard parts.... LOL

I was actually thinkin of getting rid of my KTM recently too.....Wow! I coudn't imagine not having a motard around though!! You got to love a good motard!

·
Premium Member
4,785 Posts

BTW if you crash, it would be better to crash in the Yates pic, then the Roca pic with your leg under the handlebars

·
Level 7 awesome
34,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
KTM's, DRZ400SM, Yamaha......lots of folks convert their dirtbikes. KTM is starting to become the most popular though

·
1,055 Posts
i was looking at the DRZ400SM you can buy a used one cheap but i dont know if 400cc would be enough for me.

what would have to be done for a dirtbike --> supermoto conversion

·
Registered
132 Posts
Bro... I took mine on the ride of the century in ST Louis last year. MY KTM EXC400 will do easy over 100MPH with 2 up on the rear sprocket! You can get an 02 model like mine for around 3 g's and convert it with 17" rims for around $700. and your'e golden....

make sure it's titled for the road though, like mine, or you wouldn't be able to ride it on the streets.... Dual sport kits can fix that problem too... but I rode mine with the stock rims and it was a blast. Definately 400CC is enough for you. it would chew you up and spit you out! I can clutch up 3rd gear around 60mph!

Just another example....Mine is a 6 speed and you can't put it in 6th at 60... it bogs! They have more legs than you think....

·
Banned
1,894 Posts
Captain Squid said:
Chad said he lowsided it a few times but nothing major. He said if it started to slide, instead of crapping his pants like a normal person, he would just correct it and ride it out.
That comes with experience

·
1,055 Posts
jstuntlocke said:
Bro... I took mine on the ride of the century in ST Louis last year. MY KTM EXC400 will do easy over 100MPH with 2 up on the rear sprocket! You can get an 02 model like mine for around 3 g's and convert it with 17" rims for around $700. and your'e golden....

make sure it's titled for the road though, like mine, or you wouldn't be able to ride it on the streets.... Dual sport kits can fix that problem too... but I rode mine with the stock rims and it was a blast. Definately 400CC is enough for you. it would chew you up and spit you out! I can clutch up 3rd gear around 60mph!

Just another example....Mine is a 6 speed and you can't put it in 6th at 60... it bogs! They have more legs than you think....
hhmmmmmm supermoto thanks for the heads up dude

1 - 20 of 31 Posts