Suzuki Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to know what you guys thought about after market exhausts. Which ones do you prefer? What gives the best sound, best performance, best look? I am planning on going with the M5 Jardine or possibly the Hot Bodies Megaphone slip on.

·
Members
5,173 Posts
well the best i've seen are the leo, akra, yosh, m4 when it comes to suzuki's. I personally will only run those brands on my bike.

It does depend on what you want though, performance, looks, sound?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks arnt a biggie to me with it. I'm personally more interested in the sound and the performance. At the moment the best sound is where its at.

·
Brahptimus Prime
23,504 Posts
so many good choices out there... as mentioned... Leo Vince, Akra, Yoshimura, Arata, M4, Sato, and the list goes on.

It really just depends on what you like personally, are you getting a full system or a slip on? Because answers you hear may change depending on what you are getting.

·
And, Here, We, Go...
8,017 Posts
Bomb3rJay said:
I wanted to know what you guys thought about after market exhausts. Which ones do you prefer? What gives the best sound, best performance, best look? I am planning on going with the M5 Jardine or possibly the Hot Bodies Megaphone slip on.
Did you see this thread Jay? A bunch of us posted pix, details etc.
http://www.gixxer-forum.net/forum/showthread.php?t=151

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
I really like the looks of the Japanese line of Yoshimura's, but I have never heard one. Does anyone know how they differ from the US line up, sound and performance wise?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Kelevra said:
Did you see this thread Jay? A bunch of us posted pix, details etc.
http://www.gixxer-forum.net/forum/showthread.php?t=151
Thanks for the link Kelvera, I see some very nice looking pipes. I am looking for sound over performance at this point though, the new GSXR will be my first real 600cc. I want to work with what the stock offers for now in terms of performance and get a more lively, unique sound. Looks are nice and all but I'm more concerned with having the loudest bike at this point :biggrin

·
And, Here, We, Go...
8,017 Posts
Bomb3rJay said:
Thanks for the link Kelvera, I see some very nice looking pipes. I am looking for sound over performance at this point though, the new GSXR will be my first real 600cc. I want to work with what the stock offers for now in terms of performance and get a more lively, unique sound. Looks are nice and all but I'm more concerned with having the loudest bike at this point :biggrin
The Jardine GP is super cheap, and SUPER loud..
The quality has been questioned by some though (rivets coming loose)..

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hrm, What have you heard about the 2 Bros "V.2" Racing Slip On can? It looks pretty nice and from the youtube vids i checked out it doesnt sound to bad.

·
Members
5,173 Posts
If you like the looks of the two brothers then it's a good exhaust. Looks are the only negative thing with it and that's what some people think. some like it and some don't, but that goes with every slipon. It's mostly about what you like the looks of that matters...

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Boo! Just went to the dealer and we started talking exhaust. He said that they are gonna start cracking down on loud pipes in New York this year
Whats the deal with that?! How am i supposed to make her scream if I cant ride down the block without worrying about a ticket
Someone please disprove this!

·
Um.. Venkman?!?!
1,028 Posts
They haven been saying that in Cali for a long time and as long as your not doing anything stupid on your bike then the cops dont care. Yoshi on my zuki

1 - 20 of 29 Posts