Suzuki Motorcycles Forum banner

All else being equal...

713 views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  Bweighmaster 
#1 ·
Say you had to choose between two bikes. One is liquid cooled but carbureted. The other one is fuel injected but air cooled. All else being equal between the two bikes, which one would you choose?

#2 ·
I'm able to do my own maintenance on carbs, but have never worked on injectors, so my choice might be the carbureted bike. On the other hand, I could learn to work on injectors, be the liquid cooling would be great to have.
My current bike in air cooled and carbureted.
I also ride my bike through winter though so I would have to research where the liquid cool would be an issue in winter. i.e. prevent the bike from warming up on really cold days.
For you, I guess it would have a lot to do with the weather where you live. I think the liquid cooled vs air cooled is probably more important than the fuel mixture delivery system.

#9 ·
Understood, but I'm only interested in everyone's opinions on which of the two (liquid cooled or fuel injected) they believe is the more important feature. I'm not (at this point) interested in anyone's opinions on the actual bikes themselves.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.