Suzuki Motorcycles Forum banner

AMP Track Petition...

4K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  4literranger485 
#1 ·
I don't know if this will ever do any good, but I signed it anyway.

It's to re-open a track here in AZ that has an incredible road course for mainly motorcycle riders. It's been closed since 2004.

We all know how much us motorcycle riders are looked down upon. This track was shut down due to noise complaints.

The Ironic part is... it is RIGHT next to an airforce base that is one of the largest fighter pilot training grounds around. So these planes are taking off and landing at least 5 days out of the week, yet the motorcycles are too loud, make sense? no.

Sign it if you have the time, who knows if they will ever re open it.

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/arizona_motorsports_park/

See less See more
#5 · (Edited by Moderator)
The reason is because Luke AFB pays old lady Litchfield a hefty amount each month to use her families land since that base was built from way back when..........so, in the communities eyes its okay because national security is more important than a motorsport facility, plus Luke simulates the neighboring economy. Even then, the dumbasses that moved-in or built new homes around Luke want the base closed.........and they signed contacts and were fully aware of the noise from F-16's or other jets flying in/out of the place.

The assholes that live in Pebble Creek (my neighborhood) act like their property is Beverly Hills and hate the noise, so this is where all that shit came from regarding Luke AFB and the motorsport park. You should see all the complaints I use to get with my race cars and bikes. A guy (President) of the HOA was walking on my cul de sac one day and had enough nerve to approach me when he seen my Stang and ZX10R out in in the driveway. He started talking his old bullshit about attending monthly meetings and I told him I don't want any part of their bullshit because I'm one of the ones who makes all the noise in my cul de sac, and the people who attend those meetings would not want to hear what I really have to say about their noise control crap. I told him I know the laws and what my boundries are, then politely told him to get the fuck outta my drive way.................thats been almost 6 mths, I have not received a complaint since. BTW, I start my cars or bikes during appropriate hours and I don't do it alot or do it to piss anyone off, I am respectful in that sense and respectful of the noise laws. Signed.....

Wes

#7 ·
Always wondered what was gonna happen to AMP. Haven't heard anything in a couple years, at least. Gonna sign the petition.

#9 ·
I remember riding Firebird West several years ago and a local told me AMP was dead in the water. Nice to hear it's got some life in it still.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.