Suzuki Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
2,452 Posts
i was thinking about getting some for my bike 2 years ago but now i think i'll pass

·
2,452 Posts
thats exactly why

·
2,452 Posts
i got a light in mines.... damn that thing is night and day from my stock one

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
05oaklandGSXR600 said:
i got a light in mines.... damn that thing is night and day from my stock one
You got a Pic of it you can throw up by any chance? I couldn't find any good shots of a Gixxer with the HID.

·
2,452 Posts
hold on

'

my bad i dont have any pictures of the road... but it makes a differance

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thats hot. Gives the bike a crisp look. Gonna have to hop on that soon as I take care of the exhaust, sliders and fender. How hard is it to install?

·
2,452 Posts
its easy if you dont mess up like i did the first time... dumb ass me...

it only takes like 5 minutes... unless you unscrew the screw that your not supposed to unscrew. (how many times can i use the word screw in one sentence)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Long as you weren't drilling all over the place its straight. lol. You don't need to do any cutting or anything to the plastics to put the kit on right?

·
28 Posts
not for me... i like the looks of the halos but i've torn apart many head lights and one thing i've learned is that no matter how we'll you seal em back up they will eventually collect moisture inside. I just went with an HID kit. Love it, wouldnt change it for nothin.

·
Level 7 awesome
34,135 Posts
J4Rowell said:
not for me... i like the looks of the halos but i've torn apart many head lights and one thing i've learned is that no matter how we'll you seal em back up they will eventually collect moisture inside. I just went with an HID kit. Love it, wouldnt change it for nothin.
I need to buy another kit............Found a place that sells 2 bulbs, 2 ballasts for $99 if you want slim ballasts its $125 total

·
Registered
42 Posts
this thread is helpful I was thinking of getting the red ones (CCFL Halo 2 eyes) for my bike but after reading this i think i will pass, where is a good place to get HID lights from?

·
Level 7 awesome
34,135 Posts
I bought my origional kit from www.xenonrider.com but I ended up removing it. The place I found that has a deal on 2 bulb and 2 ballasts is www.starrotors.com/bulbs

EDIT: In case you're wondering, I LOVED the HID's, but was having problems out of them. From the factory, both my bulbs run all the time, flip the high beam and the high beam get's brighter. The kit I bought I wired up to where when the highbeam was off, the top bulb was completly off and would come on when you activated the high beam. One day I was messing around with it with the key on and the bike off and every time I hit the high beam to turn the bulb on, it would flicker....then when it lit, the fuel pump would cycle again like you turned the kill switch from on to off to on again. :Weird It did it everytime I hit it and I didn't want it messing anything up, so I pulled them

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Another kit? The claims are that the things last for like the lifetime of the bike! Should'a figured it sounded to good to be true
. Anyways, is there a lot of splicing or anything involved in the installation? Does it come with instructions :biggrin?

·
Level 7 awesome
34,135 Posts
It's all plug in. noting to really mess up. You take that caps off the back of the bulb and the HID harness plugs into it and you're done for the most part.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Sounds good. Odd thing though, i tried that link you posted last night and it worked fine.. today its dead! They had a real good deal too
I'm definitely gonna invest in the lights soon as i can.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts