Suzuki Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
1,150 Posts
Ahh....Ahhh I uummm think that this uhh will be a great step forward for the sport.
A public apology like that is very humbling for a man to do. I an very encouraged to see some great things to come from this union.
The same group has done a lot for the Grand American Rolex Series.

Josh

·
235 Posts
after he said uh the first 50 times i, uh couldnt take it anymore even though i was interested in what he had to say. screw it i cant, uh watch that.

·
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I know it was annoying, but the end result should be worth it. Maybe they will get better TV coverage on a better, bigger network. Think Fox Sports in HD. THAT WOULD BE SWEET!!!

·
513 Posts
I have some reservations. First, I go to an ama superbike race to see technilogically advanced motorcycles raced, by the best racers in the world. If I wanted to see a streetbike race, I'd race my own bike. I like all the carbon fiber, trick this and that. That will assuredly be going away. We will probably see some type of tire rules also(can live with that I guess). As far as the racers, I guess if you put Mladin or Spies on scooters, they will still kick every one else's ass. Why do you penalize teams and individual racers that have worked very, very hard to achieve what they have? Maybe my fears are unfounded...I hope so..

·
1,150 Posts
I have a positive outlook on the situation. When DMG took over the Grand Am car series they were able to bring a lot of structure to the series. Also they created the Daytona Prototype class which has brought some big names in racing, drivers and teams. My friend won his first Rolex 24 race in a prototype car and has told me that since DMG took over the series things are MUCH better than before.
As we all know change scares some people. However provided DMG can do for the AMA what they did for Grand Am, there is a great future for our beloved series.

Josh

·
513 Posts
Glad to hear positives about DMG. Mat Mladin actually came out and stated he thought it was a good move...

·
Brahptimus Prime
23,504 Posts
GM GIXXER said:
Glad to hear positives about DMG. Mat Mladin actually came out and stated he thought it was a good move...
Maybe if they make some changes quickly he won't retire yet. He pretty much said the only reason he is thinking about retiring is because of lack of competition. And that if Ben goes to GP next year, he's done. I'd like to see him stay at least a few more years.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts