Suzuki Motorcycles Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what the fuck is this bullshit? i for one post a lot, and a lot of my posts are in response to different posts in the same thread, so with the automerge bullshit, it makes my posts look all fucked up and incoherent.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i should have a lot more than that jordan, but this automerge shit keeps putting my posts together, even though they have nothing to do with each other.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i can understand doing that if they relate to each other, but if i make 2 posts, one answering one post, and one answering another post, i don't think they should be merged.

·
315 Posts
I belong to a few forums and the ones with the post count shut off have alot less problems with postwhores. You can tell someones experience by what they type and how they type it, not by their post count. The join date is useful though when it comes to trolls.

The Rep feature is useful if people use it.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i could care less about my post count, set it at 0 permanently for all i care. over at gdc they reset my post count more than a few times.

what i care about is people being able to understand my posts, my responses, and my answers to their questions and problems.

·
Premium Member
4,785 Posts
The auto-merge is a good feature, posting is not a race we are here to talk.

Also most will understand your posts if you use the forum right :lover

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
and as far as rep goes, it will get out of hand, i can pretty much guarentee that. every forum i have ever belonged to that had rep has disabled it eventually due to people taking it too seriously.

Biga said:
If you like we can set your post count to zero and lock it
beat you to it. read my post above yours and go for it.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
neither am i...

i do wish you the best of luck though, and i seriously do hope you do have it under control.

·
And, Here, We, Go...
8,017 Posts
anthony said:
um, no thanks. how about you turn off the automerge feature?
What happened to that thoughtful, smiling Buddah-like feller I used to know? :biggrin Why get all pissy over a simple feature? So not like you, Ant? RLover is teh boss, he, along with the other Admins worked hard to bring this site to us.. :respect

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.