Suzuki Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after seeing one of my friends crash his busa' yesterday and him do alot of damage....especially to his spine ive decided i wont ride again without a back/spine protector.

any ideas of what i should be looking for??

Bohn seem to do some great items... their race series look the biz and seem to offer great protection levels.

so feel free to throw me some ideas - or personal experiences with said armour.

cheers.

·
Level 7 awesome
34,135 Posts
My boss has a Komodo and loves it. Check them out the bottom part is on a pivot so it moves when you do. Very nice

·
Brahptimus Prime
23,504 Posts
Biga said:
Here is what I use, it's awesome and saved me once from a broken back
That's what I have, minus the front and mesh parts... I just have the back protector... I like it. and I've used it, didn't hurt my back...yet.

·
Premium Member
4,785 Posts
Plastic Cup Politics said:
That's what I have, minus the front and mesh parts... I just have the back protector... I like it. and I've used it, didn't hurt my back...yet.
Believe me, breaking ribs is no fun either

·
Premium Member
4,785 Posts
Plastic Cup Politics said:
Yeah, done that before.
Trying to go to sleep is the worst part... or at least it was for me.
How about breathing or laughing?? That sucked just as bad

·
Brahptimus Prime
23,504 Posts
Biga said:
How about breathing or laughing?? That sucked just as bad
yeah, didn't do much laughing... only deep breaths hurt for me.. but then again my pain tolerance has always been rather high. Good old football days... racked up all kinds of injuries

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
The most important thing to look for in a back protector is CE rating level. I wear T-Pro's back & chest protector. The back protector is Level 2 and the chest protector is level one. I also have the the T-Pro back pad insert in my Joe Rocket jacket. It is also CE Level 2.

·
Brahptimus Prime
23,504 Posts
kris_mckenna said:
sizing is the only thing that worries me... im 6ft 130-140lbs
I'm 5'11'' and it covers my back just fine , they have a few different lengths available. As far as weight it isn't a factor, the straps are all elastic/adjustable.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
The only downside to Dainese is its a one use only item. The aborbing material is an aluminum honeycomb structure that crumples on impact. It works well but only for one crash. Unlike some other back protectors that can used again like the TPro ones.

·
Brahptimus Prime
23,504 Posts
Hong3103 said:
The only downside to Dainese is its a one use only item. The aborbing material is an aluminum honeycomb structure that crumples on impact. It works well but only for one crash. Unlike some other back protectors that can used again like the TPro ones.
You sure you don't have those backwards? I was always told the Tpros/rockets were a one use only because they are the ones that are made of the honeycomb structure.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts