Suzuki Motorcycles Forum banner

Ban MotoGP Rider Aids?

4K views 43 replies 20 participants last post by  BLK K8 
#1 ·
#3 ·
motomummy said:
must not be huge moto fans here? This seems to be a hot issue lately. I'm all for the days where the back tires slid around, wheelies, and some wild racing....
pfft. No I just wasn't online yet.

Yeah I miss the old days you know, when things like this:

were a regular occurence. Bring it back!

Speaking of that I know AMA doesn't have the same technology as GP, but you gotta respect Aaron Yates for being one of the top riders and having no traction control. Unless that has changed this year. He was controlling it all by the wrist. that's what I like to see.

#4 ·
didn't know yates didn't have anything to help him. Yes, i think we need to bring back the old types of racing. I actually didn't bother to watch the last part of 2007 motogp season. Bored with the races, one guy out front due to his bike having 7 gears and others having 6 or something.

I just want to see them bring back the human element a bit more, but then again it's good to see them keep improving the technology also. torn on it, but in the end I want to see some wild bikes and wild racing again...

#8 ·
biga that's why they are in Motogp though. You and me would need all that stuff, but in my opinion they need to keep it raw and pure to a point.

Stoner repeat it? Only if his bike is on roids...if his roids go away or other bikes get injected with the same roids then I don't know if he will. He's a great rider, but it was obvious that his bike had a huge advantage over rossi. going down the straight away it looked like a GSXR 1000 blowing an R1 away down the strait. He surely had more power and a lot more the first few races.

#11 ·
You do know that even the 500 had riding aids.

I don't think there ever will be a GP bike without riding aids, I thinks most people refer to traction control as the major riding aid they want removed. And even that can be turned on or off / up or down depending on the riders preferentials.

And the Ducati is on roids.

Being that this is Suzuki site I will say would love to see #65 Caprix win and do well this year

motomummy said:
biga that's why they are in Motogp though. You and me would need all that stuff, but in my opinion they need to keep it raw and pure to a point.

Stoner repeat it? Only if his bike is on roids...if his roids go away or other bikes get injected with the same roids then I don't know if he will. He's a great rider, but it was obvious that his bike had a huge advantage over rossi. going down the straight away it looked like a GSXR 1000 blowing an R1 away down the strait. He surely had more power and a lot more the first few races.

#21 ·
SarahJ said:
that's because blue and white gixxers are the fastest!!!11!!11!!!!!11!!

COME ON PCP.. your turned your GF into a post whore..

AWESOME...

Im hoping this years GP races will be much closer and I would love to see Spies get a few rides in. Preferably at Indy since all riders would be equal on that track as it is new and the fact that..... IM FUCKING GOING..

#24 ·
flounder said:
COME ON PCP.. your turned your GF into a post whore..

AWESOME...
:workout

Im hoping this years GP races will be much closer and I would love to see Spies get a few rides in. Preferably at Indy since all riders would be equal on that track as it is new and the fact that..... IM FUCKING GOING..
Hey hey hey.... I was a post whore BEFORE this site

I watch the races with James to so shush it! :biggrin

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.