Suzuki Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mechanical newbie. Trying to put on my Woodcraft engine protector (left side, stator) and I have the bolts off and the seal broken but I cannot seem to pull it off. What am I missing?

I can get 2/3 of any part of it away from the engine but can't separate it.

·
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, I got it off now. I didn't know what all was on the other side and didn't want to muscle it off in case i was missing a step.

Is it okay to go back on with just the new gasket? I ask because the instructions don't mention it but there is some on the casing from the factory. I will make sure I have all the old material off either way.

·
Registered
643 Posts
speedwasinvolved said:
Thanks guys, I got it off now. I didn't know what all was on the other side and didn't want to muscle it off in case i was missing a step.

Is it okay to go back on with just the new gasket? I ask because the instructions don't mention it but there is some on the casing from the factory. I will make sure I have all the old material off either way.
it sounds like permatex (prob spelt wrong) its a gasket sealer

·
Members
5,173 Posts
yes you can put it on with just the new gasket
Yes it's definitely something to get it off...watched my wife yank and yank on it until i heard about 10 colorful words and wask oh so nicely asked to come help LOL

woodcraft makes some quality products though. You'll love it. Best casings around as far as i'm concerned. We don't even carry anything else because woodcrafts quality is so damn good.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.