Suzuki Motorcycles Forum banner

best sportbike addon ever

3K views 43 replies 18 participants last post by  05oaklandGSXR600 
#1 ·
#9 ·
Uhhh....

My son rides with me quite a bit. From the time he was 6 actually. Full gear including a chest protector, elbow and knee pads. Now I'm not out doing canyon runs or on the freeway with him but in the summer we go for cruises and I take him to school and stuff on the bike. Granted he was the State Champion in Supermoto for the 7-12 year olds when he turned 7 so he has some pretty good skills and knowlege.

I would not use that device on a bike though. I can see it on an ATV if your up in the mountains taking it easy or something but on a bike I'm afraid you would crush the poor kid in an accident.

Is that a 12 bar on that CBR in their picture? Maybe the kids extra weight helps him pick up the front end.

My young'n with his Championship Trophy for 2007

#11 ·
Thanks, I kinda felt like WTF? there for a second....like I was doing something evil. I know there squids out there with kids and it really pisses me off to no end. I preach gear to my boy like it's the Bible. He doesnt ride down the sidewalk without everything he would wear on track.

LOL...bought him a YSR50 the other day. It's in 1000 pieces right now. Cost me $100 and I cant wait to see him on Millers cart track ripping it up.

Hey MM...I think we have a mutual friend. Stone from Utah. I race with him when he makes it out. Havent seen him much since he got married.

HOLESHOT! The kid pulls more lean angle than me some days.

#19 ·
I see it this way. If a child isn't big enough too hold on without that device, they have no business being on the back of a bike or an ATV. Looks like a good way to get a child killed in the event of an accident. Slow speed or not, even if YOU don't wreck, you could still get hit. Not for my children..huh uhh..

#24 ·
Kids do not belong on bikes... We risk our own lives riding, I'll be damned if I'm going to risk my kids life. You gotta have enogh common sense to make adult decisions and not get caught up in what you think is cool. Just my 2 cents.

#25 ·
TrackStar1 said:
Uhhh....

My son rides with me quite a bit. From the time he was 6 actually. Full gear including a chest protector, elbow and knee pads. Now I'm not out doing canyon runs or on the freeway with him but in the summer we go for cruises and I take him to school and stuff on the bike. Granted he was the State Champion in Supermoto for the 7-12 year olds when he turned 7 so he has some pretty good skills and knowlege.

I would not use that device on a bike though. I can see it on an ATV if your up in the mountains taking it easy or something but on a bike I'm afraid you would crush the poor kid in an accident.

Is that a 12 bar on that CBR in their picture? Maybe the kids extra weight helps him pick up the front end.

My young'n with his Championship Trophy for 2007

:threadjackedThat picture is fantastic, every kid should win a trophy taller then themselves, haha. That kids gonna be famous in no time..

#26 ·
thats clean... a trophy bigger than him... talk about show and tell....

as for the child harness... thats not it...

i rode my 1 year old, step daughter on my pit bike but thats about it

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.