Suzuki Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I just took my K2 1000 out for a ride and it was fine for about 10 minutes. When i give it a bit of gas, it feels like it's lagging for a second or two then it opens up all of a sudden

I have a yoshi slip on, other than that the bike is stock standard. It doesnt splutter at all and starts fine.

Thanks

·
Members
5,173 Posts
is this first time you're really taking it out after winter? if so drain the gas and put more in or ride it until you're out then get some new gas in there and see what happens. If it's been sitting for a long time, it very well could be the gas.

·
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Grandevil said:
Is it just lagging or is the bike lurching and losing power?
it does lose power but not much. It happens when i give it throttle. It accellerates but im not getting that constant pull from the motor. One second it will be pulling you, then it will drop power a little then gain power again and the harder you accellerate the more noticable it is.
I wouldnt call it a lurch because its not that bad

·
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
slidewayz said:
How long has it been since you changed the spark plugs?
Did spark plugs, air filter and oil about 2000k's ago..

I did notice that my oil level has dropped a little since my last service. Its in between the full and low indicator.

My mate did tell me that my bike smells like its running ritch but my bike has always been like this.

Do you think that my slip on is making it run ritch (maybe time for a power commander?)

·
Banned
1,894 Posts
andrew270681 said:
Did spark plugs, air filter and oil about 2000k's ago..

I did notice that my oil level has dropped a little since my last service. Its in between the full and low indicator.

My mate did tell me that my bike smells like its running ritch but my bike has always been like this.

Do you think that my slip on is making it run ritch (maybe time for a power commander?)
A bike running to rich will foal out plugs which will cause the bike to run groggy.

When you get the power commander put in, it might be a good idea to change the plugs out at the same time

·
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
slidewayz said:
A bike running to rich will foal out plugs which will cause the bike to run groggy.

When you get the power commander put in, it might be a good idea to change the plugs out at the same time
The bike has been running like this since it was new. Its only done just under 10,000ks and when i changed the spark plugs at 8000ks they didnt look too bad.. I doubt that its the spark plugs. Do you really think a power commander will help the bike even though its been running fine up until now??

·
Members
5,173 Posts
based on what you said about it cutting out when you get on it i would look at spark plugs for sure. Had it happen with my r1 once. Yes a bike running rich will junk up the plugs as stated above. Sounds like spark/tuning for sure. I would swap the spark plugs and see what happens. If that fixes it then you need to get that sucker tuned. Start cheap and work to the more spendy stuff. I would do plugs first just to eliminate that, but there is a good chance you need a pc3

·
7,611 Posts
motomummy said:
based on what you said about it cutting out when you get on it i would look at spark plugs for sure. Had it happen with my r1 once. Yes a bike running rich will junk up the plugs as stated above. Sounds like spark/tuning for sure. I would swap the spark plugs and see what happens. If that fixes it then you need to get that sucker tuned. Start cheap and work to the more spendy stuff. I would do plugs first just to eliminate that, but there is a good chance you need a pc3
+1 on the plugs. Its always time for a pc3 if you dont already have one

·
536 Posts
The Slip on shouldn't really effect how the bike is running you still have the set valve in place. My 02' went a little lean with the slip on not rich. The stock fuel map for the 02' is probably one of the worst factory fuel maps around. Have you changed the air filter, 10,000k's it ready to be replaced. I can tell when it's time to clean my K&N it makes the bike feel soft. Also if you hit 210 degs often that will cook the plugs but 2,000k on the plugs is nothing. The other thing is my 02' doesn't like to pussy foot around, it's not happy unless it's on the move. Besure to post up when you figure out what is wrong

·
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
So far ive drained out all my fuel and replaced it but i cant test it out because its raining.. Thanks guys for your help. I will keep you informed. I might have a look at the spark plugs today and see how they look. i will see how i go..

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
if the bike is running rich (black smoke), it has to do with a lack of ignition, not starving for fuel. like almost everyone else said, check the plugs. if those look good, check the coils and coil connectors.

·
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Just took out my bike with a fresh tank of fuel and gave it a bit of a spanking
and it seems to run much better.

I think i will look into buying a power commander i dont need the extra power but i suppose it will make the bike run better.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts