Suzuki Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i love the blackberry's. i have a nextel blackberry through work ( but, it sucks ) does anybody use blackberry's, i need to get my own. i was looking at the blackberry curve 8310, is this the best one out there...:kiss

·
Registered
188 Posts
phones are only as good as their service provider. You can have a nice ass phone but shitty provider and it wont matter. That being said, I like the blackberry 83xx series a lot. Smaller form factor than a 88xx blackberry, but still provides a full qwerty keyboard and camera.

·
And, Here, We, Go...
8,017 Posts
Plastic Cup Politics said:
i've got the new pearl... it's a great phone
I've got a Verizon G'Zone phone right now, but am looking at some of the more "capable" phones for the future.
BlackBerries are very nice..

·
77 Posts
i've got the blackberry pearl, nice little unit, the intuitive typing on the keypad is nice, plenty of room on the display to read, etc

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the pearl doesn't have a full keyboard...it's only down fall

Kelevra said:
Here in NY, Verizon is the only worthy service provider..
you can get a gsm phone, use it with any service provider ( except nextel and sprint ):biggrin

·
Registered
188 Posts
aaronass said:
you can get a gsm phone, use it with any service provider ( except nextel and sprint ):biggrin
Verizon is CDMA also. Their only GSM capable phone is the 8830 blackberry and that is only GSM capable overseas. Wont work for networks in the U.S.

Here are some things to consider -

At&t does not have a 3G capable blackberry yet. VZW has evdo on their phones. So if browsing/tethering is your thing too you might want to think about VZW. Tradeoff is like you said no SIM card so you cant travel overseas or switch phones easily.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
SoySauce021 said:
Verizon is CDMA also. Their only GSM capable phone is the 8830 blackberry and that is only GSM capable overseas. Wont work for networks in the U.S.

Here are some things to consider -

At&t does not have a 3G capable blackberry yet. VZW has evdo on their phones. So if browsing/tethering is your thing too you might want to think about VZW. Tradeoff is like you said no SIM card so you cant travel overseas or switch phones easily.
dude you have no clue what your talking about see the link i posted there. you should've read that before you posted:dunno

·
Brahptimus Prime
23,504 Posts
RLover said:
I just picked one up tonight myself... I'm not sure if I will like it or not but if you have any tips please let me know.

hmmm... well it's a pretty simple phone in comparison to alot of the others out there. It's pretty straight forward. You'll have it down in no time.

·
Members
5,173 Posts
i got verizon's unbreakable and water proof phone as i beat the shit out of my phone's like no other...hopefully this one will actually last.

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Kelevra said:
Not too many have great things to say about the KRZR!
KRZR unlocked is a good phone. VZW ruined it like all the others with their red CDMA crap!

RLover said:
Test from phone
The typing sucks
You get used to it. Key is to type the whole words even it it looks incorrect. You can select at the end of it. Once you fill your personal dictionary with the way you talk.....you'll be able to type fast as hell.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts