Suzuki Motorcycles Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brand new and Down :(

5K views 49 replies 25 participants last post by  Kelevra 
#1 ·
Had a little problem and lost the bike in a lean the 1st day
16 miles in!!! I should have rode out the tires a bit more and gotten the sliders on the spot at the dealer.. but... I was being cheap... They are coming in the mail now.. Luckily it wasn't a terrible slip. Would anyone know where I can get a solid deal on getting her back to mint? I've got some of the pictures of the scrapes up for you guys to scope out.

**(Capt Squid, if your reading this I was trying to forward the pics to you but couldn't attach them in a Private message
)

Thanks for the help fellas.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Sorry to hear bro, at least you didn't get bent up...
My personal rule of thumb is 50 miles on new tires to get the Cosmoline (mold inhibitor) off, all the while taking turns easy to get it off the entire tire, not just the middle.. I never get on 'em til after the 50miles, some people go 100 miles..

#4 ·
Kelevra said:
My personal rule of thumb is 50 miles on new tires to get the Cosmoline (mold inhibitor) off, all the while taking turns easy to get it off the entire tire, not just the middle.. I never get on 'em til after the 50miles, some people go 100 miles..
Dually noted man.. I hear some people say they just give the tire a little burn to speed up the process, but i'm not a fan of peeling tires right out the shop..

#5 ·
Bomb3rJay said:
Dually noted man.. I hear some people say they just give the tire a little burn to speed up the process, but i'm not a fan of peeling tires right out the shop..
That doesnt help the sides. Sorry to see you went down though. Throw some Woodcraft case covers on there this time. Stronger, better looking and I would think cheaper than OEM's. Plus they have replacable sliders if you do go down.

How fast were you going?

#6 ·
Kelevra said:
aight so wahts ur rule for brand new tires for the track?

i did about 1 session then rode the piss out of em afterwords

#10 ·
Avplayer said:

I always think about this also. When I put tires on the street bike I give it 100 miles. When I'm on the track it's only 1 session then I'm off and running.

#11 ·
Avplayer said:

Some people go just a few laps with race tires, I'm with SkiWee, I'd go a session, then anything goes...

To the OP, if you have the $, fix the bodywork, if not schlap some stickers on there and just get used to riding 'er. Everyone falls, welcome to the club!!

#12 ·
Bomb3rJay said:
Had a little problem and lost the bike in a lean the 1st day
16 miles in!!! I should have rode out the tires a bit more and gotten the sliders on the spot at the dealer.. but... I was being cheap... They are coming in the mail now.. Luckily it wasn't a terrible slip. Would anyone know where I can get a solid deal on getting her back to mint? I've got some of the pictures of the scrapes up for you guys to scope out.

**(Capt Squid, if your reading this I was trying to forward the pics to you but couldn't attach them in a Private message
)

Thanks for the help fellas.
PM on the way
motomummy said:
i'm with avplayer. Get a sticker that looks like a bandaid and have a little fun with it
Main thing is that you're okay.
So that's what happened to the motomummy bike

#13 ·
Plastic Cup Politics said:
Well it looks like you are already talking to Brad aka Captain Squid, (with Mr Cycle) I would he he is one of the best bets for OEM stuff, which you will need. I wouldn't be to concerned with that bar end, if anything get some better bar ends (shogun or something)
Thanks holmz

#19 ·
TrackStar1 said:
That doesnt help the sides. Sorry to see you went down though. Throw some Woodcraft case covers on there this time. Stronger, better looking and I would think cheaper than OEM's. Plus they have replacable sliders if you do go down.

How fast were you going?
Thanks for the support folks. It between 45 and 55 i'm pretty sure. It sucks cus I'm really hesitating on turns now... it's embarrassing

Any of my Long Island boys have any places they like to practice their leans?

#21 ·
Bomb3rJay said:
Thanks for the support folks. It between 45 and 55 i'm pretty sure. It sucks cus I'm really hesitating on turns now... it's embarrassing

Do you participate in the LI riders/MMC threads?

Check out that Northeast subforum in the regional forums, some of those guys don't venture out of there.

They would be happy to show you some places to go I'm sure.

http://www.gixxer-forum.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=88

#25 ·
Bomb3rJay said:

Where on the Island you from? There are a lot of different places you can go!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.