Suzuki Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
And, Here, We, Go...
8,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have Galfer SBK lines and ebc HH pads. Its very nice but I wish the feel was like the Brembo Master. ( I had one that I swapped between 3 different bikes over the years) With my current brake lines, will the Brembo you sell hook right up? What else do I need besides the Master?
Thanks!
Jordan

·
Site Sponsor
1,445 Posts
Upside: Yes it will hook up, we'll privide you with a new double banjo with the MC. Its' a 10mm x 1.0 thread pitch. Same as the Suzukis but we'll get you a new one with crush washers.

Downside: With the double banjo Brembo doesnt make a hydraulic stop switch that will work. There is a Brembo Micro switch and aluminum switch bracket that must be purchased to make the brake lights work if this is a street application. I believe they are around $80. I've never had to order the switch kit though so I would definatly have to check availability on that.

If it's a track only bike your golden. Just the MC and your there.

Let me know if you want me to look into it.

There are some other tricks to the suzuki MC's and brake systems that will improve the feel. Most of it comes down to fluid choice and triple bleeding the brakes. We had hell with them fading until we changed our bleeding methods. Some of the WERA big dogs had some good advice that we ran with.

I would be more than happy to discuss the bleeding issues with you if you want to give that a shot.

EDIT: Last time I ordered MC's my distributor still had plenty of the old style MC's in stock (without folding levers). I'll call tomorrow and see where they are at with those.

·
And, Here, We, Go...
8,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Although I do all the stopping with the front, I always tap the rear brake to show the cars behind me that I'm there. I didn't have a switch on the Brembo that I swapped over (from my VTR to my RC51 and then left it on my F4i racebike), so not having the switch is a none-issue. I appreciate you looking into other options. I forget which of the two masters I had, I believe it was the 19X20, one finger, intense braking, either on or off, lollz. it made for the sickest brakes though.

·
Site Sponsor
1,445 Posts
That makes things a little easier.

My distributor is completely out of the old style and backordered on the new units. I'm looking for a new source right now. I'll have something for you later this afternoon.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts