Suzuki Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I low sided my bike back in november and am currently in the process of getting her back together while I was replacing case covers, I noticed my stock damper is bent as hell and also the lower fork clamp/damper bracket has clean snapped off...

Dam another bump in the road hugh...

Well I imagine my options are to replace the stock damper and fork clamp or go after market with a "Scotts" ?

Question is I found the stock parts I need on ebay but they are listed for a 01-03 600... The price is right but will these work on my k2 1k?

I may just dish out the $400 for the Scotts as the rest of the components seem usuable... I hardly hit the tracks in Colorado if at all mainly all street riding is the Cost:performance ratio justifiable for the Scotts damper?

Attachments

·
Level 7 awesome
34,135 Posts
I love riding with an aftermarket adjustable steering damper. I prefer a GPR or a Scott's. It's usually one of the first things I change out on my bikes. Some use thicker oil in the factory damper. I personally don't know if the one on Ebay will fit, i'm sure someone here does though

·
Registered
23 Posts
if you've hit it hard enough to snap the damper off there is a good chance you have tweaked the triples as well. in which case a new lower or upper will give you lug back and enable you to keep using what you have. id be checking that first.

·
Banned
1,894 Posts
morbidj said:
I low sided my bike back in november and am currently in the process of getting her back together while I was replacing case covers, I noticed my stock damper is bent as hell and also the lower fork clamp/damper bracket has clean snapped off...

Dam another bump in the road hugh...

Well I imagine my options are to replace the stock damper and fork clamp or go after market with a "Scotts" ?

Question is I found the stock parts I need on ebay but they are listed for a 01-03 600... The price is right but will these work on my k2 1k?

I may just dish out the $400 for the Scotts as the rest of the components seem usuable... I hardly hit the tracks in Colorado if at all mainly all street riding is the Cost:performance ratio justifiable for the Scotts damper?
I would have to say that if you hit hard enough to bend the stock damper and break off the tab you might have a bent frame. I would deffinatly have that checked out before you ride it. If the frame isnt bent then the triples are.

The 01-03 600 will not work on your 02 1000 as the 600 has conventinal forks and your 1000 has inverted forks. If you can find 750 triples they will work as well as the 01-02 1000 triples.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
ant f said:
if you've hit it hard enough to snap the damper off there is a good chance you have tweaked the triples as well. in which case a new lower or upper will give you lug back and enable you to keep using what you have. id be checking that first.

you will want to get your steering neck and frame check for straightness if you broke off that mount or tweaked the triples in any way.

·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the suggestions guys... I ended finding a clean lower clamp, steering stem, damper set up for a 02 1k for 90 bones shipped. The broke lower clamp is actually straight I would have though the "clamp" areas would have at lest been tweaked. Crazy! I will definitely have it checked out through and through though..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts