Suzuki Motorcycles Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats your preference and why? In terms of slip-ons and full systems.

Edit**

Sorry i didn't specify clearly heh. I mean, What is better as a slip-on.. Can or pipe? And what is better as a full system Can or pipe?

·
Brahptimus Prime
22,678 Posts
It depends on what YOU want and how much money you have.

A full system is always better power wise. But then you should get a power commander and some tuning to make sure everything is running correctly.

A slip on is a quick and easy upgrade to increase your exhaust flow a little bit because they are more free flowing than your stock exhaust in most cases. Other reasons people do slip ons are because it's an easy way to add a new look and/or sound to your bike.

I personally went with a slip on since my bike has no catalytic converter, so to me it made more sense to go with a slip on for now since my stock headers are titanium. Plus, the pipe I wanted didn't come as a whole system. So I decided to just stick with a slip on until I actually need to worry about every little bit of power and so on.

But like I said, in the end it just depends on how deep your pockets are, what you like, and what your purpose for changing the exhaust is...

hope that helps some

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Now if i go with a slip-on will i need a power commander? I was talking to a guy about this and he spat some technical jargon at me and it flew right over my head. Figured id ask you guys to clarify

·
Brahptimus Prime
22,678 Posts
Bomb3rJay said:
Now if i go with a slip-on will i need a power commander? I was talking to a guy about this and he spat some technical jargon at me and it flew right over my head. Figured id ask you guys to clarify
well it is always a plus just to make sure you're bike is running the right Air/Fuel ratio.

But most new bikes are pretty good at adjusting themselves to compensate for changes like a Slip on.

I don't personally have one yet, that's just because I don't know a reputable tuner in the area. My bike runs great without one. But I plan to by one sometime even before I get a full exhaust.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Plastic Cup Politics said:
well it is always a plus just to make sure you're bike is running the right Air/Fuel ratio.

But most new bikes are pretty good at adjusting themselves to compensate for changes like a Slip on.

I don't personally have one yet, that's just because I don't know a reputable tuner in the area. My bike runs great without one. But I plan to by one sometime even before I get a full exhaust.
Sweet, Thanks for the info PCP now i can get that two broz can without worrying about my bike exploding due to the imbalanced ratios XD. What kind of pipe/can are you rocking right now by the way?

·
Brahptimus Prime
22,678 Posts
Don't hold me responisble if I'm wrong, that's just my knowledge, or maybe lack there of.
But I have been running a slip on and no power commander for almost a year, maybe a bit more... no problems yet. Same thing with my old bike (R6) which now has almost 40k miles on it still running like a champ.

I've got a racefit growler, it was cool until everyone started buying it.
I was one of the first few to have one.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Don't mean to butt in, but I've got a Yoshi slip on for about 6 months now. One that eliminated the cat. Bike has ran great ever since. Just recently I've been getting some pretty good backfires. This tells me the air/fuel ratio may be off slighty. I would like to ad a PC3, but don't know when it will fit into my budget. Any reason for concern? Plan on 5 to 6 track days this summer, so not exactly commuting miles if you know what I mean.

·
Brahptimus Prime
22,678 Posts
Well typically backfiring is a sign of running a bit lean. A PC3 isn't going to hurt of course... It's better to make sure everything is ok rather than assume it will be ok
. I just haven't gotten around to it myself yet.

·
139 Posts
I'm running a Jardine GP1 w/o a pc3 and it's been fine so far (about 3 months) the backfireing is a little disturbing but I think it's kinda cool. A pc3 is in my future too, but like PCP, I'm in an area without any tuners or even a bike shop for hours in any direction.

·
2,462 Posts
i had a stock exhaust with a micron bolt-on.... sounded and ran perfectly...

i messed that up, and put my stuck can on but cut it... it sounded good and bike ran hard but had some backfire...

the back plate blew off now i have basically a stock can with no bake plate... its loud as shit now and i barely get backfire even if i run it all the way up and pull the clutch in or let the gear run back down

·
Brahptimus Prime
22,678 Posts
Guys, I'm going to close this thread down just out of respect for Jay. For those of you that don't know, the guy who started this thread passed away in a motorcycle accident. (BomberJay)

Feel free to make a new thread to carry on this discussion... RIP Jay.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.