Suzuki Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wednesday, 26th March 2008

"We need to be fighting for top positions and podiums" - Loris Capirossi.

Despite a disappointing Rizla Suzuki debut at Qatar, where he qualified 13th before fighting his way up to eighth in the race, Loris Capirossi says he has 'complete faith' in his new team.

"Qatar wasn't the best result for us, but we did learn some good lessons for the forthcoming races," said Loris, speaking in the run-up to this weekend's Spanish Grand Prix. "The Jerez test earlier in the year wasn't the best conditions so we don't have a lot of direction from the data we collected then.

"We need to be fighting for top positions and podiums - I have complete faith in Suzuki and the whole project that those results and performances will come soon," insisted the 2006 Jerez race winner. "The season is just beginning and I hope we can step up to a good level at Jerez!"

Team-mate Chris Vermeulen heads to Jerez looking for his first world championship points of the season, after being forced to pit for a front tyre change at Qatar.

"We need to get out there and start work straight away, after the disappointment of Qatar we are playing catch-up a bit!" admitted the Australian. "I enjoy the Jerez circuit and we made some important developments towards the end of the test there last month, so we need to continue from where we left off. Jerez with its huge crowd and amazing atmosphere feels like the real start of the season and I will certainly be going for it!"

·
235 Posts
i hate to say this, but i dont think the rizla boys are going to do well this year, unless it rains
.... im keeping my fingers crossed for capirex to make it 4 wins ( i think) in a row at motegi though.

·
Level 7 awesome
34,135 Posts
I wish him luck! Right now i'm sending him over some of my skills telepathically, just in case he needs them

1 - 7 of 7 Posts