Suzuki Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Call me cheap or whatever, I just cant justify paying 100 bucks for something I'll use once. If I have to I have to. But I'm looking to see if other members local to me have this tool already. My last chain snapped breaking a Clutch Rod. Replaced that and took care of the leak only thing left is to get this chain in.

We can meet up put rivets in my chain. I serve Ice Cold Beer and if your lucky a good plate of Rice and Beans
. Any Takers?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Checked with a few places. They all told me the same thing Bring the bike down. If I could bring the bike down I wouldn't need the chain tool. LOL My friend who had the tool misplaced it so thats a no go for me.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
You'll need to let us know where your from bro...............by the way, Do you work for DEL REKA?

·
And, Here, We, Go...
8,017 Posts
I have to check but I'm pretty sure I have an inexpensive one, couldn't have cost more then $20.00?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well I ordered the Chain Tool from MotoMummy. Figured I would probably need it anyhow in the future. 90 Bucks isn't so bad. Thanks for the responses and help.

·
431 Posts
I think some chains come with a clip as well as the rivets. Put the clip in as a temp fix and ride it to the dealer so they can rivit it..

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well I bought the RK Chain tool. And dam did it make this job go easy. The chain ended up being 2 links to long. Cut the chain with the chain tool and made some beautiful rivets on the master link.

Last year when I put a new chain on my friend used a chain tool that wasnt no were near the quality of the one I bought. It didnt make the rivets like this one. Please keep in mind my chain snapped rite on the master link.

·
And, Here, We, Go...
8,017 Posts
RedBullRR said:
Well I bought the RK Chain tool. And dam did it make this job go easy. The chain ended up being 2 links to long. Cut the chain with the chain tool and made some beautiful rivets on the master link.

Last year when I put a new chain on my friend used a chain tool that wasnt no were near the quality of the one I bought. It didnt make the rivets like this one. Please keep in mind my chain snapped rite on the master link.
Good work bro...:biggrin

·
Site Supporter
243 Posts
Way to go dude!!! Chain tool is a great investment even if you only use it every once in awhile cause sure as hell, one of your buddies will need it too!!

·
536 Posts
I must have lent my tool out years ago and never got it back, Anthony hooked me with his and he did the link for me.

·
Certified Trackwhore
8,774 Posts
RedBullRR said:

It's an awesome tool.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts