Suzuki Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if nayone had this set up on a 01-03 GSXR 600 and how the change was... it is decent for the street? how high will my rpm be? looking for a lil more torque down low.. kid before me when down -1 in the rear so it has top end but i dont need that i would like to be able to clutch wheelie lil easier this makes its damn hard... but plus weather isnt warm enough so tire is lil cold

·
Banned
1,894 Posts
02GSXXR said:
Just wondering if nayone had this set up on a 01-03 GSXR 600 and how the change was... it is decent for the street? how high will my rpm be? looking for a lil more torque down low.. kid before me when down -1 in the rear so it has top end but i dont need that i would like to be able to clutch wheelie lil easier this makes its damn hard... but plus weather isnt warm enough so tire is lil cold
-1 +2 is a good combo for all around riding. You will lose your top speed but gain on torque. As for the RPM's I am not sure what they will go up to.

·
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Plastic Cup Politics said:
I think it is the best combo for the 600s. I did it on my old 03 R6... one of my favorite mods that I did. Very well worth it. Yeah you may lose a little top speed, but do you really need the top speed?
definitely not.... top speed just gets me in trouble

Any suggestion on websites that sell a good sprocket and chain kit?? and the 600 already run a 525 chain is it worth switchin to the 520 i heard most pple say you wont even feel the difference

·
Brahptimus Prime
23,504 Posts
02GSXXR said:
definitely not.... top speed just gets me in trouble

Any suggestion on websites that sell a good sprocket and chain kit?? and the 600 already run a 525 chain is it worth switchin to the 520 i heard most pple say you wont even feel the difference
Indeed, then I don't think you will regret doing the mod. A very cost effective way to make your bike liven up A LOT.

·
Brahptimus Prime
23,504 Posts
There was a guy out here at our local track that says he was running a -3 up front on his K6 1000 and I forget what he added to the rear. It was INSANE! It was like watching Mladin/Spies walk away from the rest of the field. Needless to say the front wasn't staying down whatsoever out of corners. No idea how he rode that thing so hard.

·
Brahptimus Prime
23,504 Posts
TrackStar1 said:
-3 front is crazy, he's lucky he wasnt throwing chains. When I did the -1 +2 on the old 600RR I had a hard time keeping the front down till I learned it.
Yeah I obviously didn't count teeth and verify, I just was looking at his bike after the race and noticed the rear sprocket was alot larger than mine. So I asked him what he was running and he told me. I was shocked when he told me... but maybe he doesn't even know what he had. Who knows. The only thing I know is he could ride, and the bike was crazy fast.

·
Brahptimus Prime
23,504 Posts
02GSXXR said:
suggestions on websites where to get a good chain/sprocket kit????
Motomummy.com, trackstar1.com , Indysuperbikes.com, any other of our board sponsors. Some of them give special or discounted pricing to forum members

Basically boils down to who works the best for you, all of them will have good prices, but talk to each and see who can get you the best price.

·
Banned
225 Posts
ask any techs and they will say going anything lower then -1 up front is asking for trouble..and you will go through kits like underware..

-1 up front is the only option for me...but maybe next time ill add 3 to the rear instead of 2

o and +1 on motomummy..they have ALL kits in stock and at your door within 4 days..

unless they are outta stock..then expect a couple of weeks

·
Members
5,173 Posts
-1 or -1/+2 are very common for the 600/750cc crowd

For the 1000cc crowd I would recommend a little less gearing and go with a +2 or a -1, but not both.

Yes we do stock nearly all. With so many tooth counts, pitches, colors, and brands we sell it's impossible to keep them all in stock 100% of the time, but if you're okay with a different brand that looks the same and same quality then we nearly always have the gearing and combo you want
A -1 or -1/+2 will truly transform your bike, no doubt about it.

The most important thing with a chain kit is getting good quality hard anodized sprockets and a high end chain as they only cost a few more bucks and will outlast hte cheaper kits and are stronger and therefore safer. Especially when doing a 520 you want a good quality kit for sure.

·
295 Posts
I received my 520 kit and installed black chain black sprocket and wow what a difference. I'm a loser and stayed with the stock gearing on my 750 but I can already feel the difference in acceleration its absolutely not in my head I promise. Next time I will do the gold chain and black sprocket because I'm not impressed with the Black and black but nevertheless I'm satisfied with my purchase. Thank you Motomummy.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.