Suzuki Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Members
5,173 Posts
they can easily create more damage then if you didn't have them if you go down at a reasonable speed with them. They are designed for stunting but some creative marketing got people thinking they replace sliders when in fact they are an all different animal.

·
1,055 Posts
the cage will hit the ground when you get low in the corners seen it and my buddy was scared for his life when it hit midcorner

the rails will not give you enough room to move around unless your only 4 feet tall they suck if ridden a stunt bike with them trust me

·
Members
5,173 Posts
race railz are metal so even common sense says that they transfer energy. When you won't to protect something you try and put things around it to absorb energy and not transfer it on to what you're protecting. frame sliders for sure...i would only use the other two items if you're heavy into stunting and then use the race railz if you stunt and street ride.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have race railz on my ZX 14 because of the bike weight, but I have sliders on my K7 1K. Hope never to test either in regards to crash protection.

·
Registered
43 Posts
The race rails are made out of steel too. They look like leg breakers to me..

The guy that makes them is a local shop about 15 minutes down the road from me. I spoke to him about a year ago about making me a set out of aluminum and trying to modify the design to give me more leg room but he had no interest.

The guy had a serious attitude problem too.. Not sure why when his shop is a small metal pole building surrounded by farmland. It's not like he's in high demand or even that well known. Freestyle cages do a much better job for the stunt guys and the track guys know better than to put these big steel bars on the side of their bikes.

I went with LSL frame sliders and they did an excellent job in a recent low side. The directional inserts did exactly what they say, kept the bike from spinning. They saved my bike from any serious damage and I rode it home.

Stick with good frame sliders; Woodcraft, Vortex, LSL, ect.. You'll be much better off in a crash.

·
Members
5,173 Posts
lsl's are damn good sliders. Bit spendy, but they are probably the best i have seen. As for cheap ones that get the job done it's hard to beat shogun if you want the bar ends/spools. If you just want sliders then woodcraft, shogun, vortex are all good.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts