Suzuki Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive made the decision to go for a damper next. just looking for peoples opinions on certain ones or any experience youve had with the brands. Im only reposting it in this section cause it seams to get more views and responses than some of the others... besides im from the area anyway so it works, lol

I dont care about stock location or top mount, im just wondering peoples thoughts on the ohlins vs the new GPR V4. Is there really that much of a big difference between the 2 brands to spend an extra 100 on an ohlins? I was also looking at the new HyperPro Active damper but the dealer said they are crap. What are your guys thoughts

·
Brahptimus Prime
23,504 Posts
I don't know how the mounting location for the GPR is on the 600 as compared to the 1K but I would imagine they are the same top mount, secured by the stem nut. Which seems to not be such a great idea. It would be better if there were some other anchor points on the stem to keep it straight.

GPR is a good product, but I am not happy with mine as it keeps coming loose. Even torqued down with thread locker as it should be. But I blame the mounting location for that. Verapakill and Mphis Style can vouche for that.

If I could do it all over again I would probably buy an ohlins or Hyperpro or something like that.

·
Level 7 awesome
34,135 Posts
I've had stock, Ohlins, GPR, and Scott's. They were all a huge improvement over stock. The ohlins was the first I had. It went back in the stock location. The 2 things I didn't like about it was that once in the stock location, it's hard to get a hand in there to change the settign on the fly. And once you did.....it didn't have a numbered dial to tell you what it was on. Next was the GPR......it was the version with 8 adjustable settings and I loved it. Only downside to it was the sweep (side to side) It got to the very end and completly released.....no biggie, just made me feel like it was broken lol. I never had any problems with the mount, but have heard Storie's like James's. Now I have the Scott's I like the adjustablity to control the sweep damping and that it has so many adjustable settings.....pretty much infinite. What I don't like about it is the fact that it doesn't have a numbered dial.

I guess the moral of the write up is i will never be happy lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts