Suzuki Motorcycles Forum banner

Desmosedici owner hijacked at gunpoint

2K views 16 replies 15 participants last post by  Nate749 
#1 ·
http://www.visordown.com/motorcyclenews/view/desmosedici_owner_hijacked_at_gunpoint/3737.html

Desmosedici owner hijacked at gunpoint
By Visordown News
Owner loses ?40,000 bike less than week after taking delivery

A CALIFORNIAN man lost his brand new Ducati Desmosedici when a lone hijacker robbed the nightclub owner of his machine at gunpoint.
Dan Travers, 42, was riding home from a friend's house in Santa Monica aboard his ?40,000 steed when a lone gunman approached Travers while he was sat waiting at a set of traffic lights.
"The guy appeared from behind me while I was waiting at a stop light," said Travers. "He told me to get off the bike and keep walking or he'd shoot. I couldn't see his face as he was wearing a helmet and dark visor. There was no one else around."
Travers was one of the first customers to take delivery of the new Desmosedici in California.
"I'm heartbroken," said Travers on losing his MotoGP replica. "I've been waiting for over a year for it to arrive and I've lost it in less than a week."
It's unknown whether the thief targetted Travers or just got lucky.
Let's just hope he's not turned it into a streetfighter.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.