Suzuki Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
1,691 Posts
Assuming you could get into the instrument cluster you could just take the bulb out. There is not, as far as I know, a fuse for it.

But as others said... why?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Maybe the sender is playing up and its staying on all the time?
Might be worth pulling it out of the tank and giving it a clean, it's possibly just got grap in it.
Much better than pushing your bike when you really need it to have fuel in it.

For a temp fix, you could try pulling the plug that goes on the tank sender and short the terminals out on the plug with a bit of wire.
Or just leave it unplugged.
It will only be a simple float switch in the tank that's on or off, so one of the above options would fix it I should think.

Unless the newer models have a fuel guage, in which case...you should try and sort the sender out to read properly rather than disable it.

·
Members
5,173 Posts
if you have the manual then have someone very good with electronics read it and they will know. there are a few harnesses under the gas tank and there has to be a wire for it. But like everyone else said...why?

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Captain Squid said:
Yeah I would hate not knowing whent he fuel is about to run out
Hell........I would give anything for a gauge!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
its a turbo bike with a external pump and the stock pump removed. a block off plate with fittings now sits in the stock pumps place. I'm tired of looking at the light on. I guess I will look in the wireing diagrams, but I hate eletrical stuff.

now I remember why I post here and not the old site.....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts