Suzuki Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 148 Posts

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Good find! I hear that part of the middle east is a great vacation. I want to go really bad. There is a lot of money there!! Leading building innovation imo.

·
Level 7 awesome
34,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Those man-made islands are pretty neat looking.......the fact that they are putting a hotel on one is interesting too.

·
And, Here, We, Go...
8,017 Posts
That architecture is amazing, especially the building that's 3x the size of the Empire State Building.
Base jumping anyone?

Kelevra said:
That architecture is amazing
Oil profits are good..

·
Brahptimus Prime
23,504 Posts
Yeah that shit is nuts! I was watching the construction of the palm islands, and the new "world islands" on the discovery channel awhile back.

They basically said that they are trying to do all they can to keep revenue coming in after their oil money runs out.

So that's why they are trying to become the number one tourist attraction and a place for rich people to buy little islands.

A hell of an investment for the creators, that's for sure. But we'll see how long all that stuff stands.

·
Brahptimus Prime
23,504 Posts
Well i believe that massive hotel they built was right in a natural disaster area, can't recall if it was an earthquake zone or what, but it was something to that extent.

·
meh..buh
845 Posts
That can't all be for tourism...there isn't enough tourists. So, since a good portion of that is residential, where the heck are the people coming from?

·
Brahptimus Prime
23,504 Posts
Voodoovaj said:
That can't all be for tourism...there isn't enough tourists. So, since a good portion of that is residential, where the heck are the people coming from?
Not all, but a good portion of them are going to rich people from various countries for vacation homes etc.

Some guys from Ireland bought the "Ireland" island in their world map of islands, i would imagine alot of others will do the same thing if they haven't already.

They are focusing heavily on tourism with things such as "Dubailand" like in the link he posted. They have to do something to try to keep revenue coming in there in the future. Otherwise they have no way to make money

·
And, Here, We, Go...
8,017 Posts
Grandevil said:
It's like the way science fiction movies make the future out to be.
It's also futuristic in the sense that in time they will run out of oil to sell, they will fall back on tourism for the wealthy, pretty forward thinking imho.

·
420 Posts
a buddie of mine actually lives there..was transferred there from england to design magazines....from what i hear that prace is rockin.... might have to go visit him...

·
Registered
39 Posts
Global warming is the new Y2K. But we don't need to get on that subject.

Anyways, that little circular platform sticking out of the Burj al-Arab hotel used to be a helicopter landing pad and is now a tennis court. How fun would that be?

·
Members
5,173 Posts
yes those shows on the discovery channel are awesome. Myself and erin watch that channel all the time and they cover it a lot. It's insane. They realized they needed to do something to move ahead in the world. so they decided on a vacation spot to bring in money. Those little islands sell for a TON and are bringing in lots of money to help the country out. Many of the richest in the world are going there for vacation now.

·
Registered
66 Posts
"What the hell is going on over there?!" is right! The reason it looks so futuristic is because all the shapes and everything are so original.. In terms of architecture...

1 - 20 of 148 Posts