Suzuki Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 148 Posts

·
Brahptimus Prime
22,678 Posts
Yeah that shit is nuts! I was watching the construction of the palm islands, and the new "world islands" on the discovery channel awhile back.

They basically said that they are trying to do all they can to keep revenue coming in after their oil money runs out.

So that's why they are trying to become the number one tourist attraction and a place for rich people to buy little islands.

A hell of an investment for the creators, that's for sure. But we'll see how long all that stuff stands.

·
Brahptimus Prime
22,678 Posts
Voodoovaj said:
That can't all be for tourism...there isn't enough tourists. So, since a good portion of that is residential, where the heck are the people coming from?
Not all, but a good portion of them are going to rich people from various countries for vacation homes etc.

Some guys from Ireland bought the "Ireland" island in their world map of islands, i would imagine alot of others will do the same thing if they haven't already.

They are focusing heavily on tourism with things such as "Dubailand" like in the link he posted. They have to do something to try to keep revenue coming in there in the future. Otherwise they have no way to make money

·
Registered
32 Posts
Global warming is the new Y2K. But we don't need to get on that subject.

Anyways, that little circular platform sticking out of the Burj al-Arab hotel used to be a helicopter landing pad and is now a tennis court. How fun would that be?

·
Members
5,140 Posts
yes those shows on the discovery channel are awesome. Myself and erin watch that channel all the time and they cover it a lot. It's insane. They realized they needed to do something to move ahead in the world. so they decided on a vacation spot to bring in money. Those little islands sell for a TON and are bringing in lots of money to help the country out. Many of the richest in the world are going there for vacation now.

1 - 20 of 148 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.