Suzuki Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
3,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently looking for a new car and cant decide between these two. Post up if you have had both, had one, what you liked about it, didnt like about it, etc. If you havent which one would you get and why? Any comments or suggestions appreciated, thanks guys!

·
Brahptimus Prime
23,504 Posts
I personally haven't owned one, BUT! I have always been a fan of the 4G63 motor that the Evo is equipped with, which has been shared in variation between the Eclipse GSX, GST, the sister cars like the Talons and Lasers etc.

It is a hell of a motor, you could build one alot cheaper than an STI from what I've always read. There will always be a battle between these two cars because they have the same drivetrain types and make similar stock power.

I think you should just go with which ever one you like better, because you may regret it later if you don't. I haven't been in the car scene for a very long time, but if it were up to me. It would be the Evo hands down.

Google some terms like "budget 4G63" or something along those same lines, there have been TONS of articles on how to build a fast reliable car for a rather small amount of money.

·
BLK CBR
925 Posts
go evo, sti's are like assholes over here, everyone's got one...........

·
3,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Was there a big difference between the evo 8 and evo 9? I really like the looks of the evo 8 with the ssl (sound, sun, leather package) but if the 9 is better equipped, ill head that route

·
Brahptimus Prime
23,504 Posts
silversv1k said:
Was there a big difference between the evo 8 and evo 9? I really like the looks of the evo 8 with the ssl (sound, sun, leather package) but if the 9 is better equipped, ill head that route
I believe the 9s may have "more power" due to different tuning and/or stock parts. It is in theory a totally redesigned vehicle. The best thing to do would be to pull up two of the specs sheets for the different models, and look/compare. I like the 8 a lot better, or any of those older body styles. The new one is cool, but I'd get an older one... IF it were me.

·
Brahptimus Prime
23,504 Posts
wait, let me correct myself... the evo 10 is the brand new one, not the 9.

But you should still compare the two you are thinking about with spec sheets and see what the subtle differences are and consider if the price difference if any is worth it.

·
3,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Plastic Cup Politics said:
wait, let me correct myself... the evo 10 is the brand new one, not the 9.

But you should still compare the two you are thinking about with spec sheets and see what the subtle differences are and consider if the price difference if any is worth it.
ya the new evo x is fugly in my opinion i want either a 05 or 06, just looked up the spec sheets and the 06 has a bigger turbo and some other small changes, now if i can only find one in white, white low miles

·
2,452 Posts
hey you cant
your future car okay....

·
2,452 Posts
yeah i would too.

when i got my bike thats all i did.

·
2,452 Posts

tomorrow i'll try and find some info for you on the 2 cars

im about to hit the bed

·
3,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Captain Squid said:
I'd go with the EVO myself
evo 8 or 9? you think the evo 9 is worth the extra dough?

05oaklandGSXR600 said:

tomorrow i'll try and find some info for you on the 2 cars

im about to hit the bed
k thanks bro, post up anything you find

·
Level 7 awesome
34,135 Posts
I personally like the 8's myself. Even if you save some cash on the car you could put it right back in it and up the performance. I've always been a fan of that

·
3,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Captain Squid said:
I personally like the 8's myself. Even if you save some cash on the car you could put it right back in it and up the performance. I've always been a fan of that
the evo 8 and evo 9, the only difference in appearance is the bumper and tail lights, but they come with a bigger turbo and supposedly almost 16 more hp, and with a few mods (boost controller, turbo back exhaust, tune) can make close to 350 awhp :yahoowhile the evo 8 requires cams and other work to make the same number

1 - 20 of 74 Posts