Suzuki Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you guys fill up without getting gas all over the place? I always get splash back or the drips on my tank and I have to ride around smellin gas...

any tips or tricks? haha

·
Um.. Venkman?!?!
1,028 Posts
Just pull back the plastic cuff by the tip of the nozzle and barley press the lever. Then it goes SSSLLLLOOOOWWWW.

·
2,452 Posts
you have to do it at an angle.... dont let it hit anywhere but the bottom of the tank... when its full go slow like stated

·
Members
5,173 Posts
yup, go slow and be careful and don't try and "blip it" towards the end to fill it up every little bit. First time i shut it off I don't start it again. Normally that "back splash" i see people get when they try and fill it up every little blip like people do when trying to get it to hit on the penny when filling up a car.

·
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Haha I do the angle thing and don't get anything anywhere when I start... it's just that I do the "blip it" thing and try to fill it up a little higher and it splashes sometimes and a few drops splash out or onto the nozzle and then when I pull out the nozzle it drips... another Q... how many miles can you go on a full tank?

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Track=75 miles give or take
Highway=140-160miles

·
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So no way to do the "Blip it" thing so u can top it off or get to .50 from .48 without getting the splash or bubbles? Haha I'll just stop when it stops the first time... I just hate goin to the gas station...

·
2,452 Posts
Li0nel1234 said:
So no way to do the "Blip it" thing so u can top it off or get to .50 from .48 without getting the splash or bubbles? Haha I'll just stop when it stops the first time... I just hate goin to the gas station...
yeah pull the cover back and when it gets to the top put the tip in (
) and pull slighly so it clicks and lift the tip out and let the gas cum (
) out by itself...

·
Registered
16 Posts
I do what everybody stated above, and I also grab a napkin/towel from the gas station window washing units, and hold it around the end of the nozzle so it doesn't spray out while pumping or drop on the tank when I'm moving the nozzle to/from the tank's hole!! (man, that ALMOST sounds dirty
)

·
2,452 Posts
you guys just dont know what your doing... yall are green...

yall need to learn how to pull out... that can cause problems if you dont learn

·
Level 7 awesome
34,135 Posts
05oaklandGSXR600 said:
you guys just dont know what your doing... yall are green...

yall need to learn how to pull out... that can cause problems if you dont learn
meenbeemer said:
ALWAYS have a lighter handy if you splash any gas just light it real quick

just takes practice. i usually don't try to get every last penney either though

·
Premium Member
4,785 Posts
motomummy said:
rlover: only r1 owners find slow pumps...slow objects tend to find r1 owners
gsxr owners are all about fast shit
sorry
Corey is usually done in two seconds