Suzuki Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just was checking, for my first oil change i put in repsol 10w40 synthetic blend meaning semi synthetic, is this ok, fully synthetic was 20 more a gallon on the price, this should be ok right since they didnt have any suxuki brand crap, man i had to really torque that oil filter down so it didnt leak. sorry guys newb to to the gsxr world, came from yamahas

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
first oil change should be done with regular dinosaur based oil. don't go with synthetic or synthetic blend for at least 2,000 miles in my opinion.

·
Level 7 awesome
34,135 Posts
Filter should be on hand tight.....you shouldn't have to "Torque it down so it doesn't leak"

·
Members
5,173 Posts
yes they recommend dyno oil, but like breaking in an engine you'll get different stories depending on who you ask. IMO it's more important to change it regularly more then anything else. More then what you use or how you break it in. Just my .02 though.

·
Level 7 awesome
34,135 Posts
The bike is junk.............give me an address and i'll send a shipping company over to pick it up. :biggrin

·
Members
5,173 Posts
used it since the min i had it and i beat the shit out of it from day one
I would always recommend YOU follow your dealers recommondations though (had to insert the liability statement lol)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts