Suzuki Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Brahptimus Prime
23,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
February 29, 2008

Team Suzuki Press Office - February 29, 2008.

View attachment 3359

Team Alstare Suzuki rider Max Neukirchner started today's first day of qualifying superbly by posting the fourth quickest time of the day.

His lap of 1:32.808 was just over four tenths of a second behind provisional pole-setter Troy Corser (Yamaha). Series leader Troy Bayliss (Ducati) was second quickest today, with his team mate Michel Fabrizio third fastest.

Team Suzuki Alstare rider Fonsi Nieto had a steady day, finishing ninth fastest overall, but will be looking for an improvement tomorrow.

Max Neukirchner - 4th, 1:32.808:

"Today was not so bad and I had no big problems at all. We changed the characteristics of the engine-braking for the afternoon session and also the rear shock. We did that to get better grip. When the bike is on fresh tyres, I seem to be able to ride smoothly, without a problem. But when I try and push very hard I get many rear slides. Phillip Island is a great track, but it's a track where you have to be perfect everywhere if you want to set a really good lap time."

Fonsi Nieto - 9th, 1:33.269:

"I am happy because we've made a good start today, even though the set-up was not right. Conditions today were very different to when we tested here in January, so we more or less had to start from scratch again. I spent most of the day working at trying to understand the tyres and how they perform. In the afternoon, the bike's set-up was better then the morning and this is a track where a good bike set-up is vital if you want to make a good lap."

Friday qualifying: 1 Corser (Aus-Yamaha) 1:32.336, 2 Bayliss (Aus-Ducati) 1:32.374, 3 Fabrizio (I-Ducati) 1:32.570, 4 Max Neukirchner (D-Alstare Suzuki) 1:32.808, 5 Smrz (CZ-Ducati) 1:32.827, 6 Biaggi (I-Ducati) 1:32.827, 7 Xaus (E-Ducati) 1:323.827, 8 Laconi (F-Kawasaki) 1:33.188, 9 Fonsi Nieto (E-Suzuki Alstare) 1:33.269.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts