Suzuki Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 144 Posts

·
Level 7 awesome
34,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I sent my gauges to a fellow forum member after I questioned his avatar pic. His screen name is GixxerTom. I sent them off on tuesday and had them back on monday. He hooked it up big time and I love them!!!!!! Turned out better than I had expected! If you'd like him to do yours, shoot him a PM (Or me and I can get you in contact with him)

He snapped some pics for me along the way so I'll get to posting those. i'm going to host them instead of uploading them cause it'll work better for explaining things.

Here's how the gauges started out. Factory orange LED's on my K5 750

Here's some pics Tom snapped when he got the gauges and started working on them

On this picture here you can see that there's not too terribly many LED's that light the display up. 4 for the tach and 4 for the speedo

Like I said, I am STOKED about how they turned out. I would not hesitate to let Tom do another set for me in the future. he emailed me everyday and even stayed late at work to finish up so he could get them done and return them to me quicker
Which I greatly appreciate.

Here's how it turned out. Way better than I expected:

I wasn't driving in this one.....bike was on a rear stand

Thanks again Tom! I greatly appreciate it!

·
Registered
213 Posts
I'm glad you guys like it. Doesn't take to long at all and it looks great when your done. Leds last so long that they should never go bad as long as you have your bike. So yeah you can contact the captain or me if anyone ever wants this done. He has my contact info to get a hold of me right away or you can PM me here and I will get it when I check my mail here.

Thanks again guys. Like I said I am in Pa so if anyone wants it done that lives close to me I just need 30 mins to get it done. If not you can send it to me and I will ship it out the same day.

Tom

Putty said:
Looks good...What that set you back?
I charge $40 and you pay shipping both ways. If you live close I can do it while you wait and save on shipping charges. That's also $40 for what ever gauge you have. Blue Gauges charges $10 more for the gauges that have 2 more leds in them.

·
Level 7 awesome
34,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
GixxerTom said:
I'm glad you guys like it. Doesn't take to long at all and it looks great when your done. Leds last so long that they should never go bad as long as you have your bike. So yeah you can contact the captain or me if anyone ever wants this done. He has my contact info to get a hold of me right away or you can PM me here and I will get it when I check my mail here.

Thanks again guys. Like I said I am in Pa so if anyone wants it done that lives close to me I just need 30 mins to get it done. If not you can send it to me and I will ship it out the same day.

Tom

I charge $40 and you pay shipping both ways. If you live close I can do it while you wait and save on shipping charges. That's also $40 for what ever gauge you have. Blue Gauges charges $10 more for the gauges that have 2 more leds in them.
Thanks again man! I can't wait to go on my first night ride with them

·
Registered
213 Posts
Captain Squid said:
Thanks again man! I can't wait to go on my first night ride with them
Also just to let you know the little kids think your bike goes faster because you have cool blue gauges. I had a kid come up to me at night who had never saw blue gauge on a bike before and asked how fast does blue mean it goes. Here his dad just got a fast car which had blue gauges which made him think anything with a blue gauge in it is fast. I said well it's faster then your daddies car. Lets just say I wasn't in the mood that night.

Oh well at least I didn't get Hey mommy look a power ranger is stopping to go get gas. LOL I heard someone post that up before in another thread.

If anyone has any questions let me know and I will do my best to help you out.

Tom

·
Level 7 awesome
34,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The kawi's look good! I have a buddy witha 05 636 that I have ridden from time to time. I can't get used to the digital tach to save my life! I'm so used to a needle being there

·
635 Posts
Yeah, is that the only color scheme you do them in, or can you customize them some?

·
Level 7 awesome
34,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
slidewayz said:
That looks really well!

Do you happen to have any pics of Yamaha gauges?

What color options do you have?
I'm sure he can! He can do any color you want, so yes, the pink you have been wanting is an option

diddy2003 said:
They look sweet! Nice job
meenbeemer said:
NICE good work
Tom did a great job on them!
motomummy said:
that looks badass tom. next time we have the guage cluster off we might have to send you a present

gixerhp said:
Have you done any Busa's
I'm sure they would be the same as any other! Just shoot Tom a PM!

1 - 20 of 144 Posts