Suzuki Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the finish like on these wheels? I have been searching around but it has been hard to find any good pictures. I am trying to match the wheels to other various gold parts (ASV levers, sato rear sets, gilles chain adjuster, etc.) and I am trying to picture what it would look like in my head. I would like the parts to all match up, but I am getting the feeling that it is probably not going to happen with all the different companies involved.

These are Carrozzerias, but I do like the way these look. How do the gold Marchesini wheels compare?

Gold Marchesinis

These are Gold Marchesinis on a R1

And these are some of the parts I would like to match, if possible.

Thoughts? From these pictures the colors look way off, but I have never seen them in person so I don't know how close they are to each other. Thanks.

The bike is black btw, so getting black is something I am trying to avoid at this point.

·
1,691 Posts
Just by looking, I'd guess the Gilles chain adjuster is going to match but the other parts might be a bit too much on the yellow side to match perfectly.

·
Members
5,173 Posts
Yes the gilles will be fairly close and asv will be somewhat close and it's farther away from the rims, but the sato's have a more goldish color to them and don't really match any other gold out there

·
Level 7 awesome
34,135 Posts
diddy2003 said:
How do the gold Marchesini wheels compare?
At least a million times better
You don't want to hear my bad mouth go off about the carrozzeria's

Like said above, the chain adjuster's will be close, the rest will be way off

·
Registered
7,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
motomummy said:
Yes the gilles will be fairly close and asv will be somewhat close and it's farther away from the rims, but the sato's have a more goldish color to them and don't really match any other gold out there
I guess I will just get the Gilles VCR Rearsets then. I do like the look of the Satos but if the finish is way off then they would not be a good option. The Gilles do seem to be great, from reading your posts and others, so I am not worried about weather or not I will like them. I do wish they had another option other than the carbon fiber heel plate.

The black and gold version:

Speaking of the levers, which company will be close to the Gilles finish, ASV, CRG, or Pazzo?
Here are the CRGs

Pazzo:

So...................what do you think about gold on the black 08 GSXR 1000? I kind of think that it would look pretty cool. I do like the blacked out look of getting all the parts in black to match the bike, but I see it everywhere now and I want to do something a little different. Thoughts?

·
Um.. Venkman?!?!
1,028 Posts
Not to hijack but I want to hear your bad mouth I am very interested on buying wheels and want to know everything before I buy. Gold sato's are GOLD!!!! Like hello BLING. just fyi. But black and gold look good in my book.

·
Members
5,173 Posts
sato's are nearly an orange gold compared to all other gold. Tha'ts why black is BY FAR the largest seller for sato's. 100 to 1 compared to the gold/silver ones.

I think the gilles gold/black or black/gold would go really well to be honest...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts