Suzuki Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a mate who wants to buy a new GSXR 1000cc. He is inexperienced and is planning to keep the bike for years to come.
He likes the idea of owning a liter bike and knows that he will never use the power of it to its full capacity but wants to ride it on the restricted modes so he can get used to the bike and its charicteristics.

What do you guys think??

·
235 Posts
bad idea. he look into a 600 first or even something smaller. you cant even really use everything a 600 has got on the street anyway.

·
750 Posts
no go...i started on a r1 but i was a very experienced dirtbike rider(used to race a couple times a year) so i had some motorcycle skills before hand. looking back tho i woulda still probably been better off with an r6 instead:fact

·
Level 7 awesome
34,135 Posts
Wicked1 said:
no go...i started on a r1 but i was a very experienced dirtbike rider(used to race a couple times a year) so i had some motorcycle skills before hand. looking back tho i woulda still probably been better off with an r6 instead:fact
We need to get you away from those Yamamamma's

·
750 Posts
farg that...

in all seriousness tho, in the past ive almost bought a 03 zx6rr,02 gsxr 750, 05 gsxr 1k, 04 and 06 zx10r, 07 r1, 06 r1 LE, 04 and 07 cbr 1000rr, 07 daytona 675, and a 06 r6. i have owned a 99 r1, 02 r1,and 04 r1...i dont really discriminate between bikes to much but when it comes time to get a different bike i go through several options and it just seems like i tend to find more things appealing with the yamahas. that and i seem to always be thinking about buying anouther bike since i always wanna have something new. i dont tend to keep anything for very long without upgradeing to something else, its an expensive curse im trying to shake off right now:lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts