Suzuki Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Eat your heart out growler owners! Flame Suit-On!
Here's the shorty competition for ya. Although I love the growler! I'll never cough up $800 for a slip-on. It's the principle to me.

P.S. I will weigh the pipe for data tomorrow. And the exhaust clamp will be carbon fiber soon!

·
113 Posts
I personally never really liked the Growlers to begin with... to me the Growlers look like something you would find on a riced out Honda Civic. Then again i am not a big fan of the scorpion slip on either but i do love that blk/org K7. As long as you like the pipe nothing else matters. Post up a sound clip if you are able.

Congratulation...

·
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Retail is $485 or something like that. They have two versions. On ebay someone has the one with the carbon end-cap for $510.95 + shipping.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
you growler guys shouldn't forget that your exhaust is just a cheap rip-off of the original bad boy, the termignoni gp exhaust.

·
Brahptimus Prime
23,504 Posts
well how many pipes have the same design with different logos on them? tons!

Either way, the growler or the term are sick pipes. I haven't been told by one single person (besides on the forum) that they don't like it.

·
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Plastic Cup Politics said:
well how many pipes have the same design with different logos on them? tons!

Either way, the growler or the term are sick pipes. I haven't been told by one single person (besides on the forum) that they don't like it.
If your psiton rings could talk they be singing different. That's the one thing that helps these exhausts in power. Not having a gaping hole out the back. 3" exhaust is for V8's.

·
Brahptimus Prime
23,504 Posts
it's just a slip on, It's not just open like say a slashcut or something... I could see what you are saying if there were no headers or anything... but not with the slip on. It makes just as much power as most of the other slip ons out there, and it's not running rich/lean. So I don't see the issue.

·
3,677 Posts
it's just a slip on, It's not just open like say a slashcut or something... I could see what you are saying if there were no headers or anything... but not with the slip on. It makes just as much power as most of the other slip ons out there, and it's not running rich/lean. So I don't see the issue.
true, ive seen the growler give the same gains as some full systems, if it wasnt for the nasty midpipe on my zx-10r causing me to get a full akra evo 2
i would have got the growler

·
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The performance is there for both the growler and scorpion. They actually make great power. The 3" full open mid-pipe and exhaust outlet have no back pressure which is needed for the high-compression STOCK engine pistons/rings. The scorpion has a 2.5" tapered in slightly then out. Making back pressure assiting in the rings longevity. Again for slip-ons both systems are at the top of there tier in power. Just more a longevity thing.

·
Yolo Swaggins
8,942 Posts
Don't like the scorpion... The pipe looks like scales or some shit welded up in joe's garage... just me though...

Growler wins... I've never heard the term gp in person but I've yet to hear a better sounding exhaust than the growler...Just plain mean.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts