Suzuki Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondering if anyone has switched out their master cylinder yet? Or maybe a past year Suzuki had this same issue and you resolved it?

Ok here goes. I have a 2022 Suzuki GSXS1000GT. I really like the bike but the Front brakes are a little soft for me. I could just change the pads but I usually replace all my master cylinders with Brembo just because I am so use to using them and I like the "Feel".

So I decided I would go ahead and replace it on this new bike especially since the adjustments I usually can make to fit me better are not going to work on this bike.

This is where the issues begin.

When looking at the stock Nissan master I noticed (4) wires running into the macro switch. What? Usually most bikes come with just (2).

Looking something like this:

1665960414812.png

Now if I hazard a guess I'd assume Suzuki has combined the cancel switch for cruise control with the brake light. That presents a issue for me because
1. I don't know it for sure or, just how it functions.
2 If I combine the wires ( 2X2 ) will it still work the same?
3 And as far as I know No 4 wire micro switch is available. ( I tried Brembo Italy and another micro switch company, they had a 3 wire LOL but got no help with finding a 4 wire. )

Anyone have any ideas? places to search? I don't want to cut my wire harness and I don't want my cruise control to get stuck on or something. o_O

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Maybe rebuild , .... ?

Sorry, :unsure:Rebuild what? I want to install a New Brembo master. I do not want to use the stock suzuki master as it is weak and doesn't have the adjustment I want.
What I'm looking for is either a 4 wire micro switch or, suggestions from someone who knows for sure if you can pair down the wires and have no issues like my cruise control not working correctly.

·
Super Moderator
141 Posts
Then I would reccomend contacting Brembo .. Just throwing out suggestions , ...., calm heads prevail in desperate situations ... , Go to the Brembo website , click on contact us ..., , They will have a solution ...,

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You must have missed the part where I wrote I had contacted Brembo....No solution there/ and they send my request to their engineers but I never got a response.

Are we the only 2 people on this site? :unsure::LOL:

·
Super Moderator
141 Posts
I think there are many others , They pop up every now and then ... ...., As big as Brembo is , you would think they would have better customer service / relations ...., I think the cruise control wires just ground to dismiss that signal .. the other is of course for brake light ... ,
4 wires 1 for imput power for light , 1 imput for cruise , 1 output to light . 1 to ground for cruise . ....., This is my understanding ... No wire there should affect speed of cruise control ..l

·
Super Moderator
141 Posts
This is an older forum that has been re-vitalized ... , It went through a computer glitch phase , and the Covid shutdown ... We could use some experianced help from riders and mechanics with positive feedback . .. , We do need new members , Anyone with positive and helpful thoughts are welcome . No matter what brand they ride . We are All bikers ...., Helping one another is our goal .....,,

1 - 7 of 7 Posts