Suzuki Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'm looking for a new jacket. I lowsided awhile back http://www.gixxer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=170821and have dropped about 20 lbs so my current jacket is a bit too big for me (especially around the gut) and I'd like to replace it anyway because of the damage incurred on it. I'm looking for opinions on what new jacket I should buy. I've already narrowed it down to 2 jackets. I went to to a local dealership and I tried them on & my GF couldn't decide either one. She said they both looked good on me :biggrin. Don't hesitate to give me your 2 cents even if you see this thread in the "Other" forums, it'll help get your post count up too.

This is the current jacket I own, a Joe Rocket Suzuki Factory Replica.

Now its between this one, a Joe Rocket Speedmaster 5.0.

Or this one, a Joe Rocket Suzuki Superbike Replica.

Or if you have any other suggestions!

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
TwoTyres said:
Because you live in SD, I would get a leather vented jacket. The Alpinestars S-MX Air Flo Leather Jacket appeals to me and its on sale.
http://www.motostrano.com/clja.html

I am getting new gear and i plan on getting the MX-1 jacket and track pants. It all comes down to personal taste, style of riding and what you can afford.
Thanks for the suggestion... I'm gonna have to stick with Joe Rocket or any jacket that has the same back protector pocket design like the one pictured below. I already shelled out $75 for a T-Pro CE Level 2 back protector insert and it wouldn't fit properly in the A* one.

·
258 Posts
If you're considering mesh, I've got the Teknic Supervernt Pro that I love:

It comes with a Knox back protector already installed.

If you're set on one of the two Rocket Jackets I'd go with the black one, though it might get hot in the summer.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The blue Joe Rocket Speedmaster 5.0 is perforated leather (a lot of holes!) with mesh on the inside of the arms. So this jacket lets quite a bit of air flow through it. It also has vents on the shoulders for air to go through and has zippers to open up more vents on the sides of the jacket. For a leather jacket it flows a lot of air.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts