Suzuki Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
And, Here, We, Go...
8,017 Posts
Holy Shit!! Where did you find that?
I guess he's back!
Those vids are insane, to put it mildly...

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
youtube... looks like those videos are pretty old though, the bike in the video is an older cbr1000rr.

·
And, Here, We, Go...
8,017 Posts
anthony said:
that is what we used to do on long island late at night back in the day. stupid, yes, fun, hell yeah!
Not me maaan, I can't ride fast at night, lollz.
He remembers me, he was pissed when I beat him one race. All the New York fellas would eat dinner that Saturday night of racing, and talk shit, sure he remembers me.

·
And, Here, We, Go...
8,017 Posts
anthony said:
you beat him? supposedly he went like 1:15 up there his first weekend...
I don't think he went that fast, he was doing 18's. Honestly,he was faster then me, and had lots more racing time. I got lucky one race when he got botched in traffic, I got by him, he crashed out as I recall. He was fast, 18's as an amateur, he was also 250+lbs.

Kelevra said:
I don't think he went that fast, he was doing 18's. Honestly,he was faster then me, and had lots more racing time. I got lucky one race when he got botched in traffic, I got by him, he crashed out as I recall. He was fast, 18's as an amateur, he was also 250+lbs.
I have the race print out to prove I beat 'em, hahaha. We'd all break each other balls at those Saturday night dinners of race weekend. We'd have like 20 at a table, I think I ate dinner with those nutty Queens guys 3 times..

·
Registered
7,073 Posts
^Wow that guy is nuts!! Was that head shake in the second vid about halfway through it? Pretty crazy stuff, I could never do that.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yeah, headshake is pretty common on that road, lots of little bumps and ripples that give you a little pucker moment.

·
Registered
7,073 Posts
^so true

BTW, when you guys (MMC and others from you area) go on planned long rides, send me a pm. A couple of people from up here might want to come down and see what new york riding is all about. Although, all the vids I see are intimidating, to say the least, lol.

·
And, Here, We, Go...
8,017 Posts
diddy2003 said:
I puckered up just watching it!!! It looked like he just got on the gas. that guy is freaking nuts
Yeah, my hands got a little sweaty watching that, I don't go fast at night, sure as 'ell not 160+ indicated!!

·
2,452 Posts
he had to be geared for the simple fact his bike topped out at 185 with the RPMS "almost" topped out....

I get to pull those speeds on my friends ZX10R but i dont get that long of a hold cause im on a 2 lane + with no gear. but i love to see that cluster say 189 and still feel the bike pulling.

I feel like going out for a run now... to bad he has his bike & its raining

·
And, Here, We, Go...
8,017 Posts
05oaklandGSXR600 said:
he had to be geared for the simple fact his bike topped out at 185 with the RPMS "almost" topped out..
I agree, it had to be geared!

diddy2003 said:
^so true

BTW, when you guys (MMC and others from you area) go on planned long rides, send me a pm. A couple of people from up here might want to come down and see what new york riding is all about. Although, all the vids I see are intimidating, to say the least, lol.
Nah, that vid of that guy is in NYC, most of us live on Long Island, and ride fast, but sane... There is a big difference, hehe. Of course you can shoot over on the ferry and ride with us, we're going to do rides in CT too.. Check in with the NE section, at the very top will be a Sticky listing different ride dates in the NE.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts