Suzuki Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
And, Here, We, Go...
7,164 Posts
Good stuff, I find the easiest way is to find a roundabout, a large traffic circle. Hit it up early when no one is around. Go around, slowly pick the pace up, slowly get yourself over, ie one buttcheek on the seat, one off. All the while getting your knee closer, and closer to the tarmac.
Suddenly, <SCRAPE>, you abruptly pull your knee up realizing you've just scraped your puck. You pull over to check out your good fortune, maybe even take a phone pic to send to your friends/Myspace, lollz. Get back out there and continue until it's comfortable... I did this over a decade ago near Bear Mountain, NY on a huge roundabout at 6am with my former SillyHawk. After a bit it's easy, best left to the track though...

·
Brahptimus Prime
22,678 Posts
Or you could just do what I did... and just lean that thing until you are damn near horizontal.

No, but like they said.... The most important thing is to work on your body positioning first and foremost. The knee down will happen, but it's important you don't lean too far. I had my bike all the way to max lean... and I wasn't coming off whatsoever, which is quite dangerous.

Anyone who is anxious to get a knee down, work on the body positioning they are talking about first, the rest will come.

·
306 Posts
I need to practice when the weather clears up. My new leathers are in the mail and will be here this week.

I plan to go out to a nice local twistie section of road outa the way of towns and traffic and just keep riding the same set of corners until i figure it all out. I can set my DVR up to tape me to see how I'm doing.

Last year i rode without hanging off and ran out of lean angle a few times when my pegs scraped. This year I'll be doing it the correct way, not like this and no jeans.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.