Suzuki Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Actually I do. One of my hobbies is nature photography, mainly mammals, but I do like reptiles, especially rattlesnakes since there are a boatload of them by the house. During the summer months when the snakes are out, I only walk the dog in certain area's, he knows snakes and hates them, but its only a matter of time to get bit since many of the snakes are on the main trails i walk.

Here are some pics I took, most with a DSLR, but others with my P&S or whatever I had along with me at the time. Few I got rattled up just to get the pics:

·
Members
5,173 Posts
I"m not scared of spiders, but I can't say i'm too fond of snakes. You won't see me touching them or playing with them, no matter how harmless they are.

·
1,691 Posts
Those are awesome pics man! I'm not as brave as you though LOL, I took these at a serpentarium with a crappy point and shoot. You know snakes can strike a distance as long as 2/3 of their body length, so watch out for those bigger rattle snakes! That spider of yours freaks me out!:shock

But I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE photography!! I'm so much an amateur though.

·
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
lol....actually that last rattler was a pic I took while out elk hunting, he ended up for lunch the next day....

·
344 Posts
yes sir gator is damn good there's a place in Charlotte that is a brazilian churrascaria which is awesome.

·
7,611 Posts
so elkbow, does that mean you were bow hunting thus your name? My Dad is a taxidermist, and when i was twelve i went up Caribo hunting up in the artic circle. Was awesome. got a huge bull. Not big into bow hunting though. I do it just to get more deer tags, but guns are my speciality. Good to know im not the only one out there. I grew up eating venison, and even now, dont really like the taste of beef.... well unless its prime rib or filet, but theres nothing like fresh venison backstraps:gun

sorry back to the pics of nasty snakes:thumbup

·
1,691 Posts
Fukucacheme said:
:shock
times 500. I either freak out like a girl, or go like psyco and have been know to break many a shovels/rakes/anything in my hand....lawn mowers
HAHAH you guys are sissies! :tongue

Snakes are good! They keep vermin away. Poisonous ones are different of course especially if you have kids or animals but otherwise they are generally harmless...except to your psyche.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts