Suzuki Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,785 Posts
We already have this law here, minus the jail time thankfully.

Those seniors are out of control down there

·
Brahptimus Prime
23,504 Posts
Ouch.

Well we all know we shouldn't be going that fast on the street, but I'm sure the majority of us still open it up on the highway etc. You pretty much have to if you own a bike, it's so hard to resist.

So yeah, that would just create alot more people running I would imagine.

·
315 Posts
All that law will do is make riders flee.

If you were doing 30 over, what have you to loose by fleeing, nothing but you have alot to gain if you get away.

With all the problems with crime and prison overcrowding forcing real criminals to be released way before their time is served, lets exacerbate the problem by putting speeders in jail.
Typical feel good legislation.

·
Level 7 awesome
34,135 Posts
Plastic Cup Politics said:
Ouch.

Well we all know we shouldn't be going that fast on the street, but I'm sure the majority of us still open it up on the highway etc. You pretty much have to if you own a bike, it's so hard to resist.

So yeah, that would just create alot more people running I would imagine.
TwoTyres said:
All that law will do is make riders flee.

If you were doing 30 over, what have you to loose by fleeing, nothing but you have alot to gain if you get away.
:stupid's

·
635 Posts
glad thats not in ny... otherwise id have no car Ive def arleady got a ticket before of 30 over lol

·
And, Here, We, Go...
8,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
jofro6 said:
glad thats not in ny... otherwise id have no car Ive def arleady got a ticket before of 30 over lol
Thankfully I have a handful of friends that give me PBA cards, lollz.. Clean license FTW!

·
635 Posts
haha i had them too. got me out of tickets on long island. But state troopes when im driving up to college dont like those pba cards too much lol

·
And, Here, We, Go...
8,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
jofro6 said:
haha i had them too. got me out of tickets on long island. But state troopes when im driving up to college dont like those pba cards too much lol
Thankfully one of my buds is a Bronx NYS Trooper...
I don't push it though, hehe.

·
635 Posts
Lucky you... upstate troopers are dicks I always got stupid 70-75 mph tickets. That never happens down here

·
350 Posts
Those PBA cards are a joke you can buy them on ebay. Just get a real ID card and shield, that seems to work wonders for me

·
635 Posts
You dont get pulled over anyway to begin with, lol you dont even need to have one for that

·
350 Posts
yeah I do, all the time on the way home from work, i just choose not to mention all my good fortunes! Havent gotten pulled over on the bike yet cept going to bald hill that one night!

·
And, Here, We, Go...
8,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ssmack5 said:
Those PBA cards are a joke you can buy them on ebay. Just get a real ID card and shield, that seems to work wonders for me
lollz, where do you work? Nypd?

·
1,150 Posts
The law is written in a totaly un-constitutional manner. It singles out Motorcyclists. This will get challenged in court for improper wording. There was a "Racing" statute that was recently overturned & deemed un-constitutional due to the way it was written.
I'm sure this will be the case with this one as well.

Josh

·
635 Posts
hate to burst your bubble josh, but its not targeted just at bikes. "...was originally targeted at motorcyclists, but was amended at the last minute to include all vehicles." I hope they find a way to get rid of it anyway for you guys though

·
1,150 Posts
jofro6 said:
hate to burst your bubble josh, but its not targeted just at bikes. "...was originally targeted at motorcyclists, but was amended at the last minute to include all vehicles." I hope they find a way to get rid of it anyway for you guys though
I'm aware it includes all vehicles, however if you read the actual law on the State of Florida web site it shows verbage that describes motorcycles specifically.
http://www.myfloridahouse.gov/SEctions/Bills/billsdetail.aspx?BillId=37239

Josh

1 - 20 of 21 Posts