Suzuki Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so i want to try my hand at painting up custom color scheme for my gixxer. But i am to scared to experiment on my OEM plastics. I just bid on some cheap plastics on ebay that come with a primer coat.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SUZU...228352478QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item120228352478

I NEED your HELP to pick a color scheme. Please suggest some nice color schemes that you have seen on bikes that looked good. Since this is my first time trying something like this i would prefer simple schemes as oppose to something extreme. Please post pictures of color schemes if you can.

I am gonna paint using a air brush. Any and all painting tips are welcome.

·
635 Posts
yeah i love that blue yellow cbr color scheme

·
2,452 Posts
ZookPilot26 said:
The blue/yellow CBR in '06 was SICK. Looks even better in person. Kinda reminds me of the Blue Angels.

i love thoose colors and i always think of the blue angles too...

but if you do those colors get the exact blue...

or you can do green and yelow (it has to be just right to look good)

·
2,452 Posts
i think he wants something custom cause if not he could have just bought that off ebay

·
Registered
7,073 Posts
^I see what you are saying but I kind of consider race reps as having custom paint jobs. I would prob leave the paint job alone and get rearsets, or something like that, for that kind of dough anyway. But I give him a lot of credit for wanting to try different looks on his bike.

·
2,452 Posts
yeah tell me about it... im gonna do the same thing... the only thing i dont like about gsxr's is we dont have a plastic over our gas take like honda's do.... so now i still have to buy a tank just so i dont mess up my oem painted one

·
Level 7 awesome
34,135 Posts
ZookPilot26 said:
The blue/yellow CBR in '06 was SICK. Looks even better in person. Kinda reminds me of the Blue Angels.

I love that bike in that color

·
2,452 Posts
that blue up close is SO sexy....

i think i might do my bike like that (those colors)

·
139 Posts
I would just do a simple fade from one color to the other... The only part that would be tuff is the tank...

So your front fairing is all one solid color...
Your tank would be the sextion of your bike where it starts to fade...
Your side fairings you can line them up on the ground where you decide to paint them and lay them side by side so you can make sure they have even fade...
then your tail section would be the other solid color...
Like a red front, faded to a solid white backside... if you wanna get fancy you can add a couple pin stripes with some masking tape...

If the Fade is too much you could just do solid color front and solid back and tape up where you want it to change in some sort of pattern... like a flame or lightning bolts... You can even do that sort of thing to fade but that's kinda tough to do but if you're up for it... I'd say go for it!

It's fun and you'll feel very happy knowing you saved some $$$ doin a paintjob yourself

·
1,015 Posts
05oaklandGSXR600 said:
yeah tell me about it... im gonna do the same thing... the only thing i dont like about gsxr's is we dont have a plastic over our gas take like honda's do.... so now i still have to buy a tank just so i dont mess up my oem painted one
Exactly! Def. wish the tank was plastic on the GSXRs.

·
2,452 Posts
the oakland A's green isn't kawi green....

but thats what i was thinking... getting the A's colors

1 - 15 of 15 Posts