Suzuki Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so i want to try my hand at painting up custom color scheme for my gixxer. But i am to scared to experiment on my OEM plastics. I want to pick up some cheap but good after market street plastics and experiment on them first.

I found 2 companies on eBay selling plastics and was wondering if anyone on here had any experience with either of these plastics. Since there fairings are made outta fiberglass are there any advantages / disadvantages to fiberglass that i should be aware off.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SUZU...228352478QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item120228352478

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...m=110217393352&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=001

·
151 Posts
i have a set of track fiberglass stuff thats a bit on the beat side, but i dont want to sell them. i would however let you clean them up and paint them for me hehehe.

·
1,691 Posts
Why not pick up some really cheap plastics...like take-offs with scratches and such. You can repair and paint and if the paint comes out well resell them on e-bay or something.

·
1,055 Posts
Grandevil said:
Why not pick up some really cheap plastics...like take-offs with scratches and such. You can repair and paint and if the paint comes out well resell them on e-bay or something.
great idea AND as a bonus if your stuff comes out good you will make some cash

BTW i god a VERY slightly damaged right side fairing for a k7 if interested

·
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Grandevil said:
I already thought of that and you'd be surprised as to the cost of damages OEM fairings on eBay. It would be way more money to get a full set of OEM plastics that is lightly damaged than a set of after market one that are primed and ready go. This is partly because the K7/K8 bike are still new.

I want to try either the "Lucky Strike" paint scheme or the Red with double white racing stripes.

Attachments

·
Site Sponsor
1,445 Posts
suds1485 said:
arent the stock plastics urthane? if so they will be more forgiving than fiberglass.
Every set I've worked on was ABS. All you need to do is look at a set of crashed OEM's then a set of crashed race glass and you'll have the answer. Pull your front fender and do the bendy test, I just did it with a extra Honda fender I had, it's in about 10 pieces.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.