Suzuki Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!
I'm planning on istalling a wide band commander on my GSXR1000 K7 soon and was wondering if someone has already done it?
I read all the documentation that came with it, but it's still a bit messy..
Sorry for my bad english:beer

Thanks, Ivar

·
meh..buh
846 Posts
ivar said:
Hello!
I'm planning on istalling a wide band commander on my GSXR1000 K7 soon and was wondering if someone has already done it?
I read all the documentation that came with it, but it's still a bit messy..
Sorry for my bad english:beer

Thanks, Ivar
and btw, your english is better than that of most of the people here

·
Premium Member
3,936 Posts
Here is a black box that I have on my bike, it attaches to the oxygen, TPS and crank sensor.

In about a minute and half it takes the readings and tunes the bike.

I had it installed at my local shop. Work very well in any temperature.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,936 Posts
ivar said:
I'm from Estonia..
Yes, it's not a plug and play kit.
Biga, how much does that thing cost?
It's better than a wide band commander?(I mean does it tune the bike better than by hand?)
Voodoovaj, Thanks!
It actually takes the reading of that day and self adjust. It has nor let me down so far.

There is a lurker here handle name - Mikflo - who has it on his K7. Send him a PM see if he responds.

The unit is about 500.00cad.

http://www.riderschoice.ca/ and this is where we both got it from.

·
3 Posts
Hey Ivar,

As Biga mentioned I have the same closed loop system he has on my K71000.
I did have some issues at the beginning with it regarding the "famous" herky jerky throttle response. It was unridable for safety issues so I had the installer turn it off until he could sort out the problem. This happened at the end of our riding season so the plan is to get it sorted this spring. It is completely plug and play and takes readings of the bikes environment as well as operating readings and then self tunes.

I hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
3,936 Posts
Mikflo said:
Thanks buddy, I hope he can sort it out to. Now all we have to do is get rid of the snow.... unbelievable weather 10 degrees today and then snow tonight!?!?!?!?
I was hating the drive home last night
It was not snow it was a blizzard

Let me know when you are going down to RC as I have to bring my bike in as well.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I have a full micron exhaust system installed, so i don't have a lambda sensor in the exhaust anymore..
What to do then?
Should I buy the black box or stick with the wide band commander?
So nobody's tried the wide band commander on his bike/knows someone who knows someone who has it on his bike?

E:
Is the "VEMS Wideband O2 monitor" better than the dynojet wide band commander?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.